The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What kind of things do they send you in the crucial guide?

True, very true. Plus I've got to sort out my deposit and accommodation documents and such before I think of student's union fees. Anyone sent theirs back yet? I need to switch my bank account to a student account so I can get a debit card, but I might just fill it out with my current details as they don't change.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Do you have a solo card? That's what I have at the moment too. I'm thinking of changing my card like you are, but I don't think it's essential right now. I sent my papers off this morning but I'm paying one installement so I don't need one of those mandate form thingys.x
Reply 22
No, I don't have a solo card because around here, my friends who did have them, couldn't use them hardly anywhere.

I'm still on my young person's account at Barclays, so I'm going down there today with my uni letter to change it over and then I can just send it off tonight or tomorrow.
Reply 23
Mkali
No, I don't have a solo card because around here, my friends who did have them, couldn't use them hardly anywhere.

I'm still on my young person's account at Barclays, so I'm going down there today with my uni letter to change it over and then I can just send it off tonight or tomorrow.

I need to change from a Visa Electron to a Visa but my stupid bank won't do it until I'm in employment. Talking of employment *runs out to get part time job as soon as her timetable comes through*

I'll probably just end up using cash
darth_vader05
I didnt get any letters from Manchester, but the Uni of Sheffield sent me a letter congratulating me on my AS results :rofl: :biggrin: and sent me some info about there degree courses!!! as did the Uni of Lancaster :biggrin: hehe

:rolleyes:
so there is no address thats so bad!
South Campus
University of Manchester Students' Union
Steve Biko Building
Oxford Road
Manchester M13 9PR

Postal Address - North Campus
University of Manchester Students' Union Barnes Wallis Building
PO Box 88
Sackville Street
Manchester M60 1QD

These are the two addresseso n the website so im not sure which 1 to send it to!
Reply 27
Oxford Road. That's where the Student Union is.

Sackville Street? What on earth is there? That's in the Gay Village.
Apparently there's two union buildings. One on Sackville street, one on Oxford Street. Weird.
Reply 29
Apeesh! No-one goes to Sackville Street that I am aware of. The major one is on Oxford Road - it's really obvious when you see it. Plus it's next to the Academy where all the bands play and it's en-route to town.
I saw it on my open day, I think. Is there a mini around there somewhere?
Reply 31
Whoot, got mine in the post this morning.

I don't understand a word of it, so I may have to read it now carefully before I go to work.

I've got a timetably thing for the first week of Social Anthropology...whoot

Anyone taking the option of learning a language or is that just provided in the social sciences one?

Weeeeeee, free bus pass
Reply 32
*attacks letter box*

DARNIT where's MINE?! AND MY ACCOMMODATION?! *accidentally rips letter box off wall. Postman looks quite confused*
Reply 33
*pat pat*

There there, it'll come through *noddles and gives some special herbs to calm down*
Mkali
Weeeeeee, free bus pass

Easily amused my dear?
Reply 35
i havent got mine yet :frown: feel left out lol
Reply 36
PoisonDonna
Easily amused my dear?

Why would you say that?

It's a free bus pass fer-crying-out loud

*giggles* you should see me when I go on that free student stuff website, like a madwoman I am
Reply 37
KatieC_123
i havent got mine yet :frown: feel left out lol

*gives an imaginary one*
Mkali
Why would you say that?

It's a free bus pass fer-crying-out loud

*giggles* you should see me when I go on that free student stuff website, like a madwoman I am

Woah free stuff?!

Amaaaazing.
Reply 39
PoisonDonna
Woah free stuff?!

Amaaaazing.

Aint it just, www.studentfreestuff.co.uk/

Or just type in free student stuff and a million things pop up ^_^

I better go now and get ready for workles.

Ta-ra chiplets, until later tonight [unless they send me home early because it's raining *pleads*]

Latest