The Student Room Group
Cambridge look at the marks you get in each module, so they'll know the B was close. The actual marks of the As might be more relevant, since they'll be looking at just how much you got an A by. If your other 3 As are strong and you're dropping French, I don't think it will be a problem.
Reply 2
If it's the subject you're dropping, I really don't see that it'd be a problem. I'm applying to Cambridge too, although unfortunately the subject that hasn't worked out so well for me (Geog) was one I intented to carry on, and the one I planned to drop, I did significantly better in. And now I don't know what to do! Lol. It's the way, I suppose. Considering your other grades are all As and the fact that you've got your Personal Statement and interview to consider, one B (and a high B at that), really shouldn't present much of a problem to you, I don't think. Good luck!
It shouldn't really matter too much when it's only one subject and it was a high B anyway. If you got an offer, it would be AAA, and that's what you got in your other subjects. You also have interviews, the LNAT, written work, personal statement and reference to impress them with as well as grades.
Reply 4
Does cambridge actually look at the marks you get for AS?????
I though they only look at the letter grades....
greatpotter
Does cambridge actually look at the marks you get for AS?????
I though they only look at the letter grades....

After you apply and before interviews they will send you a form to fill in the UMS marks of each and every one of your modules.

Latest