Zerthy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello, I'm doing the exam tomorrow, and I want to ask a few questions.

I've just been doing few past papers, and don't actually understand a few things:

1) For scheduling graphs, is it possible to do one without doing a gaant chart, because I got a question asking my to draw one, but didn't ask me to draw a gaant chart before hand. It was only worth 4 marks, but I'm not sure what other way to draw one without drawing a gaant chart.

2) For route inspections/Chinese postman, I never seem to understand these questions: It is now decided to start and finish the inspection route at two distinct vertices. The route must still traverse each cable at least once. Find possible starting and finishing points so that the length of the route is minimised.

How would I do these questions?

Thanks for the help.
Tomming
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For 1, I haven't seen one like that - but I imagine it would have activities that have little float so that it's easier to schedule them.

For 2, when they want to start and finish at different places it implies they wants two of the nodes to have odd valency. The start/finish node will need to remain odd, and you need to make the other odds even in the same manner as before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nealparkes79
Report 6 years ago
I am looking through the brian Jefferson textbook and I cannot find out how they got to the solution to question 8 of exercise 7.2 page 121. Cannot understand how they got 8x+6y+5z is greater than 500 and 2x+4y+5z is greater than 250 any help would be appreciated

also dont understand how they get 2x+2y is greater than z for question 7 on the same page.
Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) I would do one anyway just for referencing, makes it a lot easier to look at.

2) When you have 4 odd degress (A,B,C,D) there's three possible combinations

AB + CD = 7 + 6 = 13
AC + BD = 11 + 5 = 16
AD + BC = 4 + 7 = 11

When starting at different points you look for the shortest route, not combination. The shortest route here is 4 (AD) so you'd want to start at B/C so you'd traverse AD which is 4 which is the shortest route.

EDIT: Just realised I'm three weeks late, sorry!
Jubz1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nealparkes79)
I am looking through the brian Jefferson textbook and I cannot find out how they got to the solution to question 8 of exercise 7.2 page 121. Cannot understand how they got 8x+6y+5z is greater than 500 and 2x+4y+5z is greater than 250 any help would be appreciated

also dont understand how they get 2x+2y is greater than z for question 7 on the same page.
Can you scan it/take a picture of it?
nealparkes79
Report 6 years ago
as requested thank you in advance
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (165)
14.55%
I'm not sure (52)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.54%
I have already dropped out (34)
3%
I'm not a current university student (548)
48.32%

Watched Threads