A2 AQA Classical Civiolisation Tiberius and Claudius June 12th Watch

reebop
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

We had a good thread going about Greek Tragedy and a couple of people asked whether anyone was taking the Tiberius and Claudius paper on Thursday... no one answered so I thought it would be useful to start this thread explicitly. Anyone got any thoughts re pitfalls?
inthechaos
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing it and I'm really not looking forward to it, I feel like not matter how much I read Tacitus it just never stays in my head. Also constantly struggling with the mass of names, especially trying to remember which Drusus is which!
DJPixel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you find it? I thought the influence question (40 marks) was a gift!!!
dliggins16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think its fair enough to say that that exam was a complete disaster! I liked the 40 mark question on influence but the other options for the first sections were just awful. I did the Claudius section but it took me a while to figure out what the passage of tacitus was going one about!
inthechaos
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The 40 mark on influence was lovely, but the rest made me want to cry. I ended up doing Tiberius because even though I was pretty sure the extract for Claudius was about Gauls in the senate, I wasn't 100%. I did struggle to think of examples of either being influenced from Suetonius though.
DJPixel
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by inthechaos)
The 40 mark on influence was lovely, but the rest made me want to cry. I ended up doing Tiberius because even though I was pretty sure the extract for Claudius was about Gauls in the senate, I wasn't 100%. I did struggle to think of examples of either being influenced from Suetonius though.
"All these actions were dictated by his wives and freedmen" or something like that for Claudius.

The twenty mark questions were horrendous; I knew the extract it came from, but wasn't quite sure what to say for the answer - how important was it? "Well... it wasn't particularly important at all for his relations with the Senate..." was all I could think of --- but that isn't 20 marks!!!
dliggins16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I must admit it does make me feel better that other people found it hard! everyone at college bar a few thought it was easy!!
abbiemawer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
guys I was wondering if any of you could remember what the questions were from the exam? they would be a massive help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (264)
15.31%
The paper was reasonable (960)
55.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (371)
21.52%
It was TERRIBLE (129)
7.48%

Watched Threads