The Student Room Group

Sociology Crime and Deviance for AQA 16th of June.

Does anyone have any idea that might come up? Or what most probably will not come up? Just to narrow down the amount of revision i have to do?
Original post by RyanLarrington
Does anyone have any idea that might come up? Or what most probably will not come up? Just to narrow down the amount of revision i have to do?

Heya, I'm going to put this in the sociology forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=317
Reply 2
Hi!
I've asked the same thing in another thread and someone said that what's likely to come up is Marxism, Social Control, WCC and State Crime and subcultures.
Some people even said feminism might come up.
In Jan 2011 this is what came up:
Victims of crime, subcultures, green crime, covert observations, questionnaires and positivism.
Jun 2011:
Crime reduction strategies, Marxism crime and social class, questionnaires, experiments, unstructural interviews and value freedom debate.
Jan and Jun 2012
Labelling theory, globalisation crime, covert observations, new right, suicide, victimisation and ethnicity, structural interviews and interpretivism.
And Jan and June 2013:
Functionalism, gender differences in crime, suicide qualitative documents, sociology should not be a science, moral panics, functions and forms of punishment, group interviews and marxism understanding of society.

Hope that helps, you can find past papers by googling "sociology aqa crime and deviance" or by going in AQA's page.

Quick Reply

Latest