UMS marks/remark? Watch

~amanda~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok I'm not too sure about this, but if you were 4 UMS marks away from the next grade up, would that be the equivalent to 4 marks on the paper or less than that?? I'm trying to work out if its worth getting the paper remarked. Also would the marks be likely to change by that many marks?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ~amanda~)
Ok I'm not too sure about this, but if you were 4 UMS marks away from the next grade up, would that be the equivalent to 4 marks on the paper or less than that?? I'm trying to work out if its worth getting the paper remarked. Also would the marks be likely to change by that many marks?
Less, I think? Uh.. with a margin as slim as that, a re-mark is worth the shot I suppose, especially when it makes a difference in terms of which university/course you head for.
worldwide
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
aqa said that 1% of appeals resulted in a raised grade last year. Promising huh :p:
~amanda~
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
It wont make any difference to which uni i go to, i already got in, but i like the idea of having straight As lol
Autumn Child
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by worldwide)
aqa said that 1% of appeals resulted in a raised grade last year. Promising huh :p:
damn
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ~amanda~)
It wont make any difference to which uni i go to, i already got in, but i like the idea of having straight As lol
I was 4 marks off an A in English, so I know how annoying it is, but I'm just going to leave it and move on and I'd advise you to do the same, especially because you got into uni anyway. From what one of my teachers told me, remarks hardly ever result in an improve grade and she's never known one that has.
sebbie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
to be honest though i think they don't like to admit they've been wrong..... a boy at my school five years ago got a B in english lit (and missed his oxford offer as a result) his english unit grades AAAAAU.... my teacher asked for the U paper and apparently there was no way it was a U, he even sent it to a teachers magazine and received overwhelming support that it was a good essay... Edexcel refused to budge! (he only missed the A by about 3 marks even with the U!)

edit: in saying that, my english lit GCSE was marked up from A to A* (I didn't request the remark by teacher had every one in the schools papers remarked and around 40% went up a grade)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.54%
No (392)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise