username1304204
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Today I was offered the extended project qualification along with a bunch of other students who are doing well within their AS subjects. My subjects are Biology, Chemistry, Film and ICT. I am unsure at this moment as of whether I wish to go to university, but if I do, it it more than likely going to be a science based course.
However, there is also an open university short course which is running for any students that take any AS sciences and I am unsure as of whether to go for this instead. An example of one of the short courses is; http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/short-courses/sg075

So my question is; How much will doing the EPQ benefit me instead of doing the OU course? Or is it more worth it to go for the OU course?

If anyone has actually done the EPQ and could give their overall opinion of it, I would be very grateful.

Please reply ASAP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads