How to deal with people saying...

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
"You have no problems, your life is fine"

This saying really hits hard for me, others assume because I don't have any noticeable problems that my life is fine when it's not always. This hurts me in the same way that people telling me to "cheer up" does and I find it very belittling.

Thanks
Suzanne123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just ignore them.
If you are dealing with something, only you know how you really feel and you can change your situation. Don't listen to those comments and then you can concentrate on improving your situation for the better
lswxznvv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
"You have no problems, your life is fine"

This saying really hits hard for me, others assume because I don't have any noticeable problems that my life is fine when it's not always. This hurts me in the same way that people telling me to "cheer up" does and I find it very belittling.

Thanks
You just have to ignore them. People find it difficult understanding the fact that different people have different ways of coping. Just because it might not seem like a big problem to them, it doesn't mean that it isn't for you.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Avoid them.

This is a form of emotional abuse and bullying.

These are some articles about this exact thing.

http://bpd.about.com/od/causesofbpd/...validation.htm

http://eqi.org/invalid.htm

actually, print those articles off, and give them to people. some people just have no social skills and don't know how to interact with a person who is going through a difficult time.
RHyoudon'kno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Everyone has problems. People only say that because they don't know what to say.
Lil3utterfly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been told that a few times, but it's best to just try not to take it to heart.
I mean, they say that because usually they've been through more than you, which isn't always the case - but hey, it's just a saying. It doesn't mean it's true, so don't worry
bakergirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I completely understand, I'm not one to show what I'm going through. I also tend to be the 'mummy' of the group, and focus on what other people are going through. When speaking to a friend who was going through some problems she said that she doesn't understand how I can seem so put together all the time and asked how I did it. So maybe it is a bit of them trying to get you to help? If you always find good ways of dealing with things maybe it is just they need some more support and advice on how to deal with things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (373)
56.34%
I don't have everything I need (289)
43.66%

Watched Threads