The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 1
Moving in day is the 16th of September.. check on their website for accomodation. www.kent.ac.uk/hospitality

They could give you on campus accomodation if they have any places but if not they'll probably try and help you find accomodation elsewhere.

See you soon! :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm moving in on Sunday 17th.

As for the reading list I'm doing eng and american lit and theatre studies and had a look at the eng reading list and completely freaked out! I managed to find it by searching around on the website but was prob last year's one. I haven't read anything intelligent for a whole year so am a bit worried!!!
Reply 3
Hihi! You'll be on my course (ish) I'm doing American and English Literature, and I'm in the same sort of situation-not really sure what's going on with it all! One title that seems to keep popping up is 'Paradise Lost' though...I suppose I'd better get a copy sharpish!

:cool:
Not sure what you'll be studying this year cos they may have changed the course but last year we had a FAT Romanticism (Keats, Coleridge, Byron etc) anthology, had to read 2 Jane Austen books n get two critical practice books (waste of time but u have to!), the rest depends on what modules you take. I reccommend Fiction, Truth, Politics and Childhood & Adolescence in Literature - both Comparitive Literary modules but they joy of the first year is that you can choose from any Humanities!
Early Drama was the bane of my life and I despised it - too much history but very interesting all the same. Make sure you get ur facts right if you take that course.

Insurance accommodation - most of my friends who got in on insurance ended up in Eliot College, nice place v social, probably best college next to Keynes. The clearings ended up in Darwin...the only good night to be there is Tuesday...
Reply 5
Argh, I still have no idea what modules to choose....The Tale looks pretty groovy, and I'm VERY attracted to some of the drama-ey wild modules!

ash
x

Latest