sorrytoask
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, I've just done my AS's and I don't think they've gone too well, I've always hated school and really don't want to have to do another year... do you know of any other options I could take? I still want to go to a university but I just don't want to have to do another year at school, any suggestions please??? thank youuuu
Lilyghz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sorrytoask)
Hi, I've just done my AS's and I don't think they've gone too well, I've always hated school and really don't want to have to do another year... do you know of any other options I could take? I still want to go to a university but I just don't want to have to do another year at school, any suggestions please??? thank youuuu
I'm not sure there's any qualification you can do that involves not having to go to school while still enabling you to get into a university. However I know some people who skipped sixth form altogether and started foundation courses in whatever they were interested in.

Also are you 100% certain that you are willing to go to uni considering that you've never really enjoyed school? You might find it worth considering alternatives to university such as apprenticeships or school leaver programs - I believe you get paid for them. They might be more suited for you because you'll get straight into the work force, learn and get paid for it rather than go to uni, decide halfway that you might want to drop out and end up with a huge debt to pay. I'm not objecting anything about you wanting to go to uni but it might be worth considering alternatives to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads