The Student Room Group

Edexcell RS exam 11th June

Did anyone else find this exam really hard? I felt all the questions were a step up from what they've been in previous years...really really struggled with religious language..
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I thought it was awful! Nothing like any of the previous years. What topics did you answer? I did ontological argument (which was relatively okay apart from the weird phrasing of part 2) life after death (what the hell was that part 2?!) and justice law and punishment which again for part 2 did not make any sense. I think it's disgusting how much more difficult this years exam was compared to previous papers. Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?
I thought it was horrendous! I didn't revise as much for my mock exams and they went better. I had no idea what I was supposed to do for religious experience - it was just two very similar quotes and you had to analyse them. I'm praying for low grade boundaries D:
Reply 4
I thought it was okay - the awkward phrasing for the Ontological argument did throw me off a bit but I outlined the distinctive features. Though for part B, I understood that it was basically asking for 'how the weaknesses outweigh the argument and to what extent - but I'm unsure how well I did.

Did anyone do the two critiques that undermine the relationship between religion and morality? I did, I intended to do the NML question but this was something I thought I could write more succinctly about. I outlined the Euthyphro Dilemma then as the second critique I talked about how the demands of religion lead to immorality( Biblical immorality and immorality within holy scriptures).

The Ethical Language question was horrendous - I didn't get a chance to conclude properly as I had finished using the booklet and one of the invigilators ended up giving me the wrong sheet to write on and it took her another three minutes to find the right one and I had to rush the conclusion.
Reply 5
Original post by CiaranMcCarthy
I thought it was awful! Nothing like any of the previous years. What topics did you answer? I did ontological argument (which was relatively okay apart from the weird phrasing of part 2) life after death (what the hell was that part 2?!) and justice law and punishment which again for part 2 did not make any sense. I think it's disgusting how much more difficult this years exam was compared to previous papers. Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?

Hey, yeah it was awful! After the exam I went back and looked at all the past papers and they almost looked simple in comparison ( not that I find rs easy at all!!! ) I did ontological argument too, which was horibble, and I did religious language which was just as bad and then virtue ethics. Almost every single person I've spoken too about it has emphasised how hard it was and what a drastic step up it was from the past years so I think we're almost guaranteed low grade boundaries!
Reply 6
Original post by weevilface
I thought it was horrendous! I didn't revise as much for my mock exams and they went better. I had no idea what I was supposed to do for religious experience - it was just two very similar quotes and you had to analyse them. I'm praying for low grade boundaries D:

Yeah I agree, I revised a ton for religious experience and didn't know where to start with it, I think it was ' compare and contrast the statements - god spoke to me in a dream and I had a dream god spoke to me'!!!! It was awful!
Reply 7
Original post by verceazy
I thought it was okay - the awkward phrasing for the Ontological argument did throw me off a bit but I outlined the distinctive features. Though for part B, I understood that it was basically asking for 'how the weaknesses outweigh the argument and to what extent - but I'm unsure how well I did.

Did anyone do the two critiques that undermine the relationship between religion and morality? I did, I intended to do the NML question but this was something I thought I could write more succinctly about. I outlined the Euthyphro Dilemma then as the second critique I talked about how the demands of religion lead to immorality( Biblical immorality and immorality within holy scriptures).

The Ethical Language question was horrendous - I didn't get a chance to conclude properly as I had finished using the booklet and one of the invigilators ended up giving me the wrong sheet to write on and it took her another three minutes to find the right one and I had to rush the conclusion.

Yeah the ontological was phrased so confusingly! I didn't do any of those others though. That's so bad the invigilator took up your time like that when 3 minutes is such valuable time :O my teacher said you're aiming to get a mark a minute in that exam which is so much pressure :frown:
Reply 8
yeah it was rather difficult. The compare and contrast a01 question for religious experience was tough but I just spoke about direct and indirect experiences and some other **** but that question sucked. I did life after death which was quite nice.. and critiques of religious and morality was good.. talked about platos euthprho dilemma and nietszche

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending