The Student Room Group

P1 opinions

Greetings,

What did people think of that exam? I for one found it ridiculously easy, especially the six marker: kinetic theory o.O Additionally, I felt that some marks were just thrown at us.

What's your opinions?

Scroll to see replies

most of it was pretty easy

what was the answer for the fridge question why it is bad to replace it
also what was the wave in the oven
Reply 2
thought it was simple enough, they literally wanted us to get the marks.
What did everyone put for an advantage of underground cables?
Reply 3
Original post by AlphaNick
Yeah that was too easy. Shame there was nothing on redshift/blueshift, the 6-marker and the various 4-markers were nice though.

Agreed. I enjoyed the fridge question out of all the 4 marker's, that was quite a fun one to answer.
less likely to be damaged by strong weather conditions, ed wind
Original post by skyman123

I put that it was infrared radiation. What did you get the answer for the question on biscuits: suggest two ways in which cookies turn brown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some of the questions were worded wierdly but I found them okay overall. I'm glad considering I did no revision I forgot about this exam haa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

For the fridge, I put "manufacturing process of the new fridge could be damaging to the environment as polluting gases could be released"
And Infrared Radiation inside the oven.
more power and slower through the oven

could you put microwaves for the oven one?
Original post by r p
thought it was simple enough, they literally wanted us to get the marks.
What did everyone put for an advantage of underground cables?

I wrote about health and safety. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yeah that was too easy. Shame there was nothing on redshift/blueshift, the 6-marker and the various 4-markers were nice though.

come on nick get to computing revision, let's ace it
Yes, I got it right. Thanks. That means I would get 100% on the paper. What do you think you will get, Alpha Nick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by CaitlinN15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I argued it's to avoid any damage to them.
Reply 13
Original post by CaitlinN15

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put less visual pollution. Not sure if it'll be creditted on the markscheme :frown: fingers crossed
Reply 14
I think that it meant cables were less susceptible to damage through harsh weather conditions.

aghhh not the 90% A* boundary :frown:

So my answer: "To avoid damage." may gain me the mark? Or is it too vague?
I think that it meant cables were less susceptible to damage through harsh weather conditions.

aghhh not the 90% A* boundary :frown:

Original post by r p
I put less visual pollution. Not sure if it'll be creditted on the markscheme :frown: fingers crossed

I couldn't think of a answer for that question so I just wrote the first thing I could think of tbh haha. I don't think my answer is right but oh well I don't care anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
It was just one mark so it could be fine

Lovely.
for the fridge question on the new fridge i put the new frigde could use more energy needing mire energy to be generated
would this be ook to get the mark?
Reply 18
for the fridge question on the new fridge i put the new frigde could use more energy needing mire energy to be generated
would this be ook to get the mark?

I imagine that may grab you a mark. I personally put: "May need more frequent maintenance due to improved technology."
Original post by r p

This is the only advantage of underground cables that my (AQA Official) revision guide states. This is what I put and I'm sure it'll be in the mark scheme.

Quick Reply