The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Physics 2PR / Chemistry 2CR / upcoming Biology 2BR

dont think theres a thread for the people who are taking the 'R' igcse sciences...:biggrin:

i know most people here aren't taking the 'R' papers BUT for the people who did take it --HOW DID YOU FIND PHYSICS/CHEM???? what do you think will be on the bio paper!! :<

Scroll to see replies

I found the chemistry paper :smile: but the physics paper seemed harder then the first paper :frown:. I think smoking might come up in the exam. How did you find the physics and chem paper?
Reply 2
Original post by LuckyHan97
I found the chemistry paper :smile: but the physics paper seemed harder then the first paper :frown:. I think smoking might come up in the exam. How did you find the physics and chem paper?

to me ... i felt that i couldve done the chem paper WITHOUT any revision at all, since a lot of it felt like 'common sense' :s-smilie:
physics tbh i lol-ed there were so many (maybe not 'many', but a lot more than previous years) long answers...

my teacher said that something about codominance and/or hydrogen carbonate indicator should come up..but i feel like edexcel has been really unpredictable this year!! :frown:

ANY IDEA if an unofficial markscheme is out...HEHEHEHEHHEHE
Original post by cutibess
to me ... i felt that i couldve done the chem paper WITHOUT any revision at all, since a lot of it felt like 'common sense' :s-smilie:
physics tbh i lol-ed there were so many (maybe not 'many', but a lot more than previous years) long answers...

my teacher said that something about codominance and/or hydrogen carbonate indicator should come up..but i feel like edexcel has been really unpredictable this year!! :frown:

ANY IDEA if an unofficial markscheme is out...HEHEHEHEHHEHE

I don't think there's an unofficial mark scheme for the papers and I agree edexcel hasn't been predictable this year.

Also for the pressure calculation question, was the temperature in Kelvin already or was it in degrees?!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by LuckyHan97
I don't think there's an unofficial mark scheme for the papers and I agree edexcel hasn't been predictable this year.

Also for the pressure calculation question, was the temperature in Kelvin already or was it in degrees?!!

it was in degrees! we had to convert it back to kelvin our selves ^^

which reminds me, the momentum question was SURPRISINGLY easy, which i good i guess :biggrin:

good luck on monday for bio!! is it your last exam?
Reply 5
What is the "R" series?
Reply 6
Original post by qaisjp
What is the "R" series?

the 'R' series is for the asia pacific region :'D
Reply 7
Guys ur prediction for paper 2 of Biology?
Reply 8
Original post by Zack R2
Guys ur prediction for paper 2 of Biology?

TBH i personally think that the paper 2Rs have been REALLY unpredictable... (i'm assuming it would be the same for paper 2s as well!) soo i can't really predict anything for sure! :/

I would say something about the circulatory system should come up, since it wasn't on paper 1BR...but who knows! good luck for your exam tomorrow :smile:
Reply 9
the 'R' series is for the asia pacific region :'D

Reply 10
TBH i personally think that the paper 2Rs have been REALLY unpredictable... (i'm assuming it would be the same for paper 2s as well!) soo i can't really predict anything for sure! :/

I would say something about the circulatory system should come up, since it wasn't on paper 1BR...but who knows! good luck for your exam tomorrow :smile:

u still rember wt evr cam in paper 1? bcz i forgto like totally? plz can u telll me if u rember?
BTW the biology paper was really so unperdictable i nvr expected that kind of paper... they ask more kind of general question?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Is anyone taking the r-papers this year?
how'd paper 2CR go??
Original post by tobylyall
how'd paper 2CR go??

2CR was much better than paper 1. For the calculations, the answers were 109 and 52000 right?
Original post by Mamachicken
2CR was much better than paper 1. For the calculations, the answers were 109 and 52000 right?

Yeah that's right! I screwed up the atom question and the one about the air bubble, but I think I aced it overall.
How did 2PR go guys?
Original post by Daniyal_Ahmed
How did 2PR go guys?

Yeah how'd it go guys?
Original post by tobylyall
Yeah how'd it go guys?

It was better than paper one
Original post by Daniyal_Ahmed
How did 2PR go guys?

Better I guess, how did you do?
Dunno ok i guess haha wht was the hardest thing do u think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending