The Student Room Group

OCR History- The Cold War

I have just started studying the cold war in history (a-level) and know literally nothing about it. I was wondering if someone could provide me with some notes/websites or a documentary to help me gain some background information.
Reply 1
Hiya - I did my coursework on the cold war (exam board was OCR)..
Websites - I mainly used the national archives (google: national archives cold war).

Documentaries: ermmm. There's a series of documentaries (24 of them... but I've only watched a couple).. If you put in 'cold war documentaries 1 of 24' into youtube you should get them up, and watch those that interest you..
The documentary 'behind closed doors' by Laurence Rees was quite good too.. (it's a BBC Documentary, but I don't know where you can find it, as I borrowed my teacher's DVD...)

Hope this is of some help... I'd recommend the national archives website first. If this doesn't help, ask your teacher to point you in the right direction?
Original post by Oddities
Hiya - I did my coursework on the cold war (exam board was OCR)..
Websites - I mainly used the national archives (google: national archives cold war).

Documentaries: ermmm. There's a series of documentaries (24 of them... but I've only watched a couple).. If you put in 'cold war documentaries 1 of 24' into youtube you should get them up, and watch those that interest you..
The documentary 'behind closed doors' by Laurence Rees was quite good too.. (it's a BBC Documentary, but I don't know where you can find it, as I borrowed my teacher's DVD...)

Hope this is of some help... I'd recommend the national archives website first. If this doesn't help, ask your teacher to point you in the right direction?

Thanks for the help :smile: I'll definitely check them out

Quick Reply

Latest