A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014 Watch

fpollock94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was just wondering if anyone has certain revision techniques, specifically when memorising sociologists and the studies they've done.
PATD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I tend to make a list of the main sociologists associated with the topic I am focusing on
So I'll make a list (which looks something like this);

Name: - Theory/Study

Then I rewrite this onto flash cards, dedicating one flash card to each sociologist, and make the theory/study condensed
It'll come to a point where I link the name with one or two words from the main theory, so when I see the main keywords in a question, that person's name instantly pops into my head (or the other way around, I'll think of the theorists name and then the words associated with them come to mind)

Colours help, I don't know if that helps, but I'm a visual learner so like I said about the whole flashcard thing, I'll have flashcards that are set colours for each topic (e.g. suicide is orange, Durkheim, Douglas etc will have their own cards which are also orange) and because I have one card dedicated to each theorist and I find it easier to visualise in my head and recall

Hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (39)
24.22%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (55)
34.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
16.77%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (14)
8.7%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (26)
16.15%

Watched Threads