A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014

Watch
fpollock94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was just wondering if anyone has certain revision techniques, specifically when memorising sociologists and the studies they've done.
PATD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I tend to make a list of the main sociologists associated with the topic I am focusing on
So I'll make a list (which looks something like this);

Name: - Theory/Study

Then I rewrite this onto flash cards, dedicating one flash card to each sociologist, and make the theory/study condensed
It'll come to a point where I link the name with one or two words from the main theory, so when I see the main keywords in a question, that person's name instantly pops into my head (or the other way around, I'll think of the theorists name and then the words associated with them come to mind)

Colours help, I don't know if that helps, but I'm a visual learner so like I said about the whole flashcard thing, I'll have flashcards that are set colours for each topic (e.g. suicide is orange, Durkheim, Douglas etc will have their own cards which are also orange) and because I have one card dedicated to each theorist and I find it easier to visualise in my head and recall

Hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.92%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.54%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.38%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
21.08%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (38)
10.27%
I haven't started researching yet (40)
10.81%

Watched Threads