this is just too ridiculous .... Watch

miquatr
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I got AAAA from my A-levels and IELTS 7.5 (6 in writting),
the offer was AAAE and most of you probably know what IELTS grade is required. I thought I standed a good chance to get in, but they turned down the offer just becoz of that stupid 6 in writting. you can retake IELTS anytime, why it's so important???!!! It's ridiculous!!!
Xaphania
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it makes you feel any better I got AAB (offer was AAA), my B was in Business and was 478 UMS points but they didn't let me in! A lot of people have done better than expected, which is probably why they didn't let you in.
miquatr
that is quite unlucky as well!! They decided to rejected anyone who failed to meet their offer. WHere are you going now>?
Xaphania
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, everyone who missed their offer seems to have been rejected...I missed my A in a blacklisted subject but still got rejected! I'm going to Kings now, how about you?
jakatak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Xaphania)
If it makes you feel any better I got AAB (offer was AAA), my B was in Business and was 478 UMS points but they didn't let me in! A lot of people have done better than expected, which is probably why they didn't let you in.
aww xaphania and miquatr!! thats just not right... heartless lse folk!!!!
its their loss for def!
Xaphania
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
^ hehe I know! I'm not too upset, I liked my firm and insurance unis and I got into my insurance! I'm more gutted that I got my B in the EASIEST subject I was doing. I guess you shouldn't neglect the subjects you think you'll fly through...Oh well, at least my A's were high
jakatak
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well thats good to hear..
lse is in no way the be all n end all..
miquatr
Well I am going to Warwick ... but I am a bit concern about that. not really sure whether that is a right uni for me, prefer something in the city ....
I was quite certain that with four A's they wouldn't say no ... No other uni required such stupid IELTS grade!! I am really disappointed with the ppl from admission.
global_warning
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A guy in my high school class missed his LSE offer by one point- he got a 37 instead of a 38 because he got one 5 instead of a 6 in a standard level exam in something unrelated to his proposed LSE course- Biology SL- he made every other specification including all HL specifications. He called them up, twice, but they were absolutely inflexible. This was back in July. I think they made up their minds about not moving on offers a long time ago.
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey really sorry to hear about your rejection man but how come you are required to sit for the IELTS,miquatr? Is English your first language?
miquatr
Well if english was my first language i wouldn't be bother to do IELTS at all. Hmm if anyhow I could manage to change my nationality to a country where english is there first language till 31.08 then I would be in ...

dreaming on ...
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I see. Hope you get into a nice uni. Good luck.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads