The Student Room Group

NHS Student - Help needed

I am applying for an NHS course and am currently waiting for the result of my NHS bursary application which is due to be finished at the end of June (around the 25-27th).

As part of the student finance application, I am required to send my EU passport as well as a photocopy of the result of my NHS bursary application.

However, if I am required to wait until the NHS process is complete to send out the documents, I will not receive them back before the 27th of July (which is when I will be going on holiday) as I have been told it takes between 4-5 weeks for my passport to be returned.

Is there any way I could just send my birth certificate along with the nhs bursary result at the end of June, or if I could send my passport straight away (i.e tomorrow), with my reference number, and then send the result of the NHS bursary separately when I have received it? This way I can be sure that my passport will be returned to me before the 27th of July.

I have asked if it would be possible for me to travel to the Darlington office to hand my documents in, in person, but I have been told that this is not possible.

What are my options?

I would rather not wait until I get back from my holiday as this will be mid August (12th), and I will be going on another holiday at the end of August too (28th - 2nd Sep), and it would be difficult for me to apply to uni accommodation without financial support.

Thank you for any advice.
Hi I_a234,

I would advise to send your EU passport with a covering letter explaining the dates you are travelling.
Student finance will ensure that your documents are returned well in advance of your travel date by recorded mail. I would send the confirmation of your NHS bursary award once it has been provided your application for funding will still go through without the confirmation of your NHS award.

Thanks
Reply 2
Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending