Messed up classical civilasation exams?

Watch
nicolesharp
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I missed a lot of school in year 10 and a significant amount of year 11 due to mental and physical health issues (my attendance last year was around 45%, this year it's been about 60%).

I had to drop a couple of my GCSEs since I missed so much school, but managed to continue with English, maths, triple science, French and classics.

After just having completed 2 of my 3 classics exams, I've realised I completely misunderstood how many questions I was supposed to answer- I pretty much missed about half of the paper. This confusion was clearly due to my lack of revision and knowledge of how to answer the exam questions, and my absence of school.

Classical civilisation is definitely one of my stronger subjects, and I'm really upset that I've managed to f*ck it up so badly. I've emailed my classics teacher, and I'm waiting for him to reply.

Does anyone know what will happen? Will I be able to retake this exam during the summer before I get my results, or will I have to retake it in year 12?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (77)
29.06%
No (188)
70.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise