Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Im Elliot. Is anyone here taking the Law LLB course starting in September. Would be nice to know a few people before we start.

Hope to talk to you soon

ReputationRep:
    If you guys come along to the year abroad talk in october of your second year I will be one of the people tellling you about how great NUS is , and since you wont have anything better to do that day you might as well come along and apply cos its AMAZING and not expensive to do at all since LEAs pay for flights etc .

ReputationRep:
    I am too... In fact, I rejected NUS for Nottm...

ReputationRep:
    Error, I think this place is class compared to Nottm ... their style of teaching leaves alot to be desired though and everyone geeks it up. But in terms of facilities its good. I met one of the guys (a prof from cambridge) who wrote a book which rivals that of Nige Gravells in the field of land law (the head of undergrad studies at nottm, youll see him soon enough ... 60ish eccentric guy with a big floppy bow tie, legend) well anyway, Gravells had described his textbook as having pages like "toilet paper", so I almost couldnt stop laughing at him... lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ill b there in sept for law, where r all u guys staying?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone read anything from the reading list yet? :-S

ReputationRep:
    Course they haven't read any of that gumpf. Enjoy contract law, I wonder what book they will recommend this year ... probably McKendrick but its rabbish I prefer Ansons. 1/5 ppl fail contract, so put plenty of effort into it .

ReputationRep:
    How many hours a week are there of teaching, Lewis? Including lectures and tutorials

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis-HuStuJCR)
    Error, I think this place is class compared to Nottm ... their style of teaching leaves alot to be desired though and everyone geeks it up. But in terms of facilities its good. I met one of the guys (a prof from cambridge) who wrote a book which rivals that of Nige Gravells in the field of land law (the head of undergrad studies at nottm, youll see him soon enough ... 60ish eccentric guy with a big floppy bow tie, legend) well anyway, Gravells had described his textbook as having pages like "toilet paper", so I almost couldnt stop laughing at him... lol.
    Ugh, not to me. I remember going to NUS for their open day, and knew instantly that I would absolutely hate it there... But I guess different people have different tastes...

ReputationRep:
    Yea their teaching style really is gash compared to Nottm, but thats because they place alot more emphasis on your own reading etc. At Nottm you can get a 2.2/2.1 easily if you stick to the syllabus and know whats in lectures etc (well, you might struggle a bit to get a 2.1 unless you know the textbooks which are in more detail backwards) whereas here they hardly teach anything and the classes are really interactive so you get alot of crap points made in amongst the good ones.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.