GCSE Edexcel physics - 12th June 2014

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Eradicating
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Akashi)
Range, I think, will be 15.8-16.2.
I got 15 omg! I never knew each little box was counted.

:hand:

Ok! How about comparing the isotopes? !

Was 59/27 C more stable then 60/27 C?

It said on the question cobalt 59 was more stable and was used in chain reaction. I think.

How would you compare the isoptes,

Posted from TSR Mobile
SeniOyewumi
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
It was 7.8 or 7.83 depending on the amount of decimal places you round it up to. I think for the rope question talking about friction would get you a mark. Very good paper for me, my exams are over! I think I got absolutely everything on all the calculation questions.
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SeniOyewumi)
It was 7.8 or 7.83 depending on the amount of decimal places you round it up to. I think for the rope question talking about friction would get you a mark. Very good paper for me, my exams are over! I think I got absolutely everything on all the calculation questions.
I got 7.8! What was question btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"wise" not old
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
SeniOyewumi
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eradicating)
It was two marks! So do I get a mark for stating it transfers energy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
All you had to say is that as the current travels over the resistor it transfers energy over it which has a heating effect and that's your two marks.
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by "wise" not old)
what do you think the grade boundaries will be like?
46-8/60

Upto 53/60.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
All you had to say is that as the current travels over the resistor it transfers energy over it which has a heating effect and that's your two marks.
This is what I wrote.

I don't know we're people got ions colliding in lattice in current and resistor. Because that only happens inside metals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SeniOyewumi
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Parallex)
It was definitely 5.83 recurring.
No I'm afraid you've made a mistake somewhere in your working out, probably you subtracted the initial value from the final value when you're meant to subtract the final value from the initial value.

V= final value
U= initial value
"wise" not old
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
46-8/60

Upto 53/60.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was hoping that they would be lower :confused:
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
No I'm afraid you've made a mistake somewhere in your working out, probably you subtracted the initial value from the final value when you're meant to subtract the final value from the initial value.

V= final value
U= initial value
He was right

T=v-u/a

He did that to get 5.38

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I was hoping that they would be lower :confused:
Hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Akashi
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

V= final value
U= initial value
No, it was 5.83 recurring.

A = V-U/T = A x T = V-U =
T = V-U/A.

A = v-u/t =

Using T = V-U/A and getting 5.83 as our answer and inserting it into A = v-u/t we get 1.2 = 7/5.83. 7/5.83 gives us our corresponding unit for acceleration.
Parallex
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

V= final value
U= initial value
I don't think I have, mate.

1.2 = 7/x
x has to be 5.83 recurring.
SeniOyewumi
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
He was right

T=v-u/a

He did that to get 5.38

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dunno how he got that answer, everyone in my class got 7.83.
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I dunno how he got that answer, everyone in my class got 7.83.
Everyone in my class got 8.4 lool

We all times acceleration instead of dividng it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"wise" not old
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Did anyone get a really large number for one of the first calculations, like 2 thousand and something.
Akashi
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If it is 8.4 then why is it that 1.2 = 7/8.4 will not work? It's not logically possible. A = V-U/T = A x T = V-U =
T = V-U/A.

A = v-u/t =
1.2 = 7/8.4 (using your method). 7/8.4 = 0.83.

Using T = V-U/A and getting 5.83 as our answer and inserting it into A = v-u/t we get 1.2 = 7/5.83. 7/5.83 gives us our corresponding unit for acceleration.
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Did anyone get a really large number for one of the first calculations, like 2 thousand and something.
Yes! 216000 I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eradicating
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Akashi)
If it is 8.4 then why is it that 1.2 = 7/8.4 will not work? It's not logically possible. A = V-U/T = A x T = V-U =
T = V-U/A.

A = v-u/t =
1.2 = 7/8.4 (using your method). 7/8.4 = 0.83.

We know we are wrong.

Chill,

Posted from TSR Mobile
SeniOyewumi
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
For the nuclear fusion question about why it doesn't need to slow down, I said the neutrons are attached to a nuclei/atom of an element so I think I would have gotten 1 mark.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads