Turn on thread page Beta

calendar and planning software?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone recommend a basic calendar and planning program that I could se for day to day activities? I don't want anything too complicated just something basic... o and don't worry about the cost of the software, I'm sure I'll find it cheap somewhere on the net

ReputationRep:
    Something like MS Outlook would do the job. Or you could try Google Calendar.

ReputationRep:
    No way, I had it all along. I always thought outlook was just email. Seems perfect, thankyou. Would rep you but I need to "spread some Reputation around before giving it to JayEm again".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvle)
    No way, I had it all along. I always thought outlook was just email. Seems perfect, thankyou. Would rep you but I need to "spread some Reputation around before giving it to JayEm again".
    Its the thought that counts
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    You could also try Mozilla Sunbird, as a slightly sleeker alternative. It's also available as a Firefox extension or part of the Mozilla suite.

ReputationRep:
    I second Google Calendar - very easy to use, and it's mobile. Introduced a couple of friends to it and they're hooked onto getting their lives organised now! :yy:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I used to use Messenger Plus! - it had a very basic 'scheduler' function. Seems that's been removed now though. Shame because it was exactly what I needed. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    right I've tried and tested all of your recommendations and I review it like this:
    1)Outlook- by far the most user friendly. Quick input and nice use of colours different things.

2)Google- Very simple, not as user friendly as Outlook but the added bonus of being able to access it on any computer connected to the net.

3)Mozilla Sunbird- sleeker yes, though harder to use than the previous two

4) Messenger Plus- Kinda remember this but couldn't find it on the net, well to be honest I didn't look that hard but thx anyway.

These are all very similar but Outlook wins it for me. ( I may be slightly bias as I have used Office since I could walk ) thanks for your help guys!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.