Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got my Economics results yesterday and i got C D U in the exams. I averaged only 50%. This is very strange because in my As's i got A A A in th exams and averaged 94%. This year i was predicted an A and consistently got As in mock papers. What makes this even stranger is that this has happened to 3 of my class mates as well. Has anyone else had exam results seriously below expectations? and does anyone know what could of caused this?

ReputationRep:
    I did for a different subject. I retook it and got 90% something percent from 30% something. Like you i was expected an A. After that i had heard from my girl that a similar situation happened with some of her friends.

If the board is Edexcel then anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    Last year for maths I got AAB this year I got CUU. So yeah just a bit of a mess up. I still got into uni though, but just wished my grades were as good as last year.

ReputationRep:
    Last year physics i got 100% UMS, but this year i got CCD. I dont want to sound cocky or anything, but there is no way i got that. Physics has always been my strongest subject. I was 10 marks off getting a B and completely screwing up my offers.

ReputationRep:
    i dont get it...my whole maths came down to a B only for S2. I got 53 where i could sworn that S2 was my best exam. I HATE EDEXCEL !!!

ReputationRep:
    I have Perfect scores in 2 Econ exams, Unit 1 and Unit 5, and excellent scores in all the others, except my unit 4 is a D. I don't get it... EDEXCEL . It happens.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    in history on edexcel i have 2 very strong A's and then a C in one and that was the exam i actually was quite confident in so it is EDEXCEL

ReputationRep:
    I got 237/300 for English Lit... I want to give it up but it would be great to retire on an A! I got 90/90 in one unit and a B and C in two others.... From experience is there any chance of it going up if remarked or should I just leave it/retake the C unit?

ReputationRep:
    I got a low D in Unit 4 and A's in all the other modules including full marks in unit 6?? weird.

ReputationRep:
    Ah it seems like edexHELL lives up to it's reputation then.:p: This happens to alot of people and there really isn't a straightforward answer to it. Could be a very strict examiner who is just being silly but I guess that's what remarks are for but then hardly any papers get marked up by a very generous amount.

ReputationRep:
    With Edexcel, I'm sorry to say, what mark you get depends on how much sex the examiner got the night before. Its a lottery. I hate it. Thank god I only did one subject with them.

ReputationRep:
    yer edexcel is a biatch, but also remember that the high As you recieve on some papers might be as erratic as the low marks you get - take the good with the bad i gues.

ReputationRep:
    same for edexcel for me was getting AB's for modules, then came unit5
    30/90 (U), didnt bother getting in remarked, was 52 marks off next grade..

ReputationRep:
    I got 26/90 UMS for an English AS Paper last year. Thats not just any normal U grade. That is a 'this student cannot write english sentences' U grade. I retook it this year and went up 60 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Synergetic)
    that's rough dude. You taking any action - remarking modules? Can't be many people who get 300/300 in AS and then miss a B overall. Hope everything works out.
    I got an A, i was 10 marks off getting a B at the other end .

So i dont actually have a problem, but its just annoying. I dont think theres any point in taking any action since i got an A.

ReputationRep:
    This just caught my eye. I'd got good As all year in Economics and my AS results were D-A-C (a very low C and a low D) from AQA. C overall. That's absolutely balls, I did worse in those two papers than in two of my Physics papers, and I flunked that all year (I literally just couldn't get it, and how I ever did better in that than my best subject...). Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel Applied ICT AS, we all got owned, 55 A's in the whole country.

20.5% A-C

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.