BreakingNights
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I was just wondering, my school didn't offer the chance for any of the students to do triple science (sucks i know), anyway would that have an negative impact in sixth form or even in uni. i want to do medicine and i have got an A* for my core and i am predicted an A* for additional. i'm planning on looking at the context of triple science over the summer but would me not having the qualification affect anything?
bj1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BreakingNights)
So I was just wondering, my school didn't offer the chance for any of the students to do triple science (sucks i know), anyway would that have an negative impact in sixth form or even in uni. i want to do medicine and i have got an A* for my core and i am predicted an A* for additional. i'm planning on looking at the context of triple science over the summer but would me not having the qualification affect anything?
No it shouldn't. I do triple science but the idea is to provide a 'firmer foundation' at A level so that some of the more complex content isn't completely new to you, but it certainly won't affect your college/university applications, especially with your grade!

Most people studying sciences at college will be the same as you so you won't be the odd one out, I'm sure they'll explain everything well, since us triple science people would've forgotten everything by then anyway

For example with our exam board, OCR, B5 is 'The Living Body', which looks at the body in more detail, e.g. skeletons, lungs, the heart, kidney, organ donation, etc. It gives us a 'taster' of what to come, but at A level I'm sure you will be taught all this again anyway.

There's no harm in looking over the triple science content, if you're willing to do so, it'd make good bedtime reading, but remember to enjoy your holiday!

And think of the positives! Your last exam is tomorrow, isn't it? While the last science exam for us is on Thursday 19th (Physics). I also have a Statistics exam on the 23rd (nothing to do with triple science), 10 whole days after everyone else's last exam!
BreakingNights
Rep:
?
(Original post by bj1)
No it shouldn't. I do triple science but the idea is to provide a 'firmer foundation' at A level so that some of the more complex content isn't completely new to you, but it certainly won't affect your college/university applications, especially with your grade!

Most people studying sciences at college will be the same as you so you won't be the odd one out, I'm sure they'll explain everything well, since us triple science people would've forgotten everything by then anyway

For example with our exam board, OCR, B5 is 'The Living Body', which looks at the body in more detail, e.g. skeletons, lungs, the heart, kidney, organ donation, etc. It gives us a 'taster' of what to come, but at A level I'm sure you will be taught all this again anyway.

There's no harm in looking over the triple science content, if you're willing to do so, it'd make good bedtime reading, but remember to enjoy your holiday!

And think of the positives! Your last exam is tomorrow, isn't it? While the last science exam for us is on Thursday 19th (Physics). I also have a Statistics exam on the 23rd (nothing to do with triple science), 10 whole days after everyone else's last exam!
Ahh that is such a relief!! And no my last exam is next week as im doing further maths. But only a few more to go...
You may finish your exams late but its an extra GCSE so its worth the hard work right? Anyway good luck on the rest of your exams
Marcusroye98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello I think it wont make a difference but it will put you at a slight disadvantage if you are thinking of doing A-level science
BreakingNights
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marcusroye98)
Hello I think it wont make a difference but it will put you at a slight disadvantage if you are thinking of doing A-level science
Yeah I will be doing a level science, thats why I will be looking at the context during the summer, hopefully that will recover my disadvantage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (7)
17.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
26.83%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (2)
4.88%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (5)
12.2%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.44%
I think it's an unfair expectation (14)
34.15%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.44%

Watched Threads