New Bristolians!:) Watch

GoldenBumblebee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Just to jump onto the bandwagon, are there any new Bristol vets out there?!?!?!
northern_lass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I noticed there arn't many new cambridge vets this year....funny :hmmmm:
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Where are all the new Bristol vet-bods?! I hope we are getting some, 'twill be boring without them.... Anyway, hello Debbie, how's your summer going? I'll hopefully see you a bit next term, although probs only on Thursdays cos I'm at Langford Monday and Friday, you're there Tuesday and (sorry about this!) you're also in Histology all of Wednesday morning. I'm going to go to more vet social this year though, so party on!
Woah!
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Of course, of course *takes a bow*

Am soooo unbelievably excited! Couldnt believe it when i saw the "congratulations!" on track Ahhhhh bristol here i come Woo!

Any random tips for a fresher?
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmmm, random tips for freshers.... Get involved and go to socials 'cos it's the best way to get to know your year (and others). Don't buy any books before you get there, only buy the ones you need 'cos they're expensive. There is a lot of work to be done, but don't go overboard and forget to have a life as well- life in Hall is fantastic (probably why I've been there for three years, lol). Which hall have you applied to/got in to?

Tam
georgiak
Report 12 years ago
I will also be joining Bristol in October and cannot wait! I'm sure it will be fantastic...especially having my birthday in freshers week!!!
I was so happy to know I'd got my grades so bring on October!
Woah!
Report 12 years ago
Ive applied for Wills, but probs wont get in Hiatt Bakers my 2nd choice...
akukan
Report 12 years ago
I'll be a bristol vet, got welcome pack yest my vet parents are ewan and rachel, can't wait to come now! Has everyone else found out where they're living cos they haven't told me yet?
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't worry about accomodation, I didn't find out until the second week of September where I was living. I think the acceptance form has to be in by the 11th though, so if you haven't got it by the 7th, say, might be worth ringing them. Where have you applied?
akukan
Report 12 years ago
I got it yest wanted to go to durdham but got into university hall instead. Never mind though I don't mind where i live really, I'm gonna be a vet
Woah!
Report 12 years ago
Ah! Im completely baffled guys, can you help me out? I got the pack of departements your supposed to visit and when, but I really dont understand it! (I knew I wasnt smart enough to get in, I cant even understand the welcome pack ) I dont know whether we go to the same departments as medicine, or just the ones that say vet sci on the top...?!?! :confused: :confused:

Very, very confused here!

Thanks
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hmmm, not sure about that one. I would imagine that you only go to the vet ones- is the form just for vet students or medics as well? If it's the sheet I think it is, it's telling you to go to an intro talk in the vet school, register with student health, do a library tour and your first lecture, stuff like that...? It will probably become clearer when you get there, also you will find other vets in your hall and work it out. Sorry I can't help a bit more!
georgiak
Report 12 years ago
I'm glad someone else is having the same problem and can't understand the registration bit! I think its really confusing..I'm just hoping when I get there some clever person understands it and can point me in the right direction!:confused:
Odi et Amo
Report 12 years ago
Hello! I'm joining you at Bristol! It's so exciting!
I'm into Durdham... so if there's anyone out there nearby?! I also got verrry confused with that stupid registration timetable. Do we join the medical people? As that's the only section with the word "veterinary" mentioned... I'm going to go mosey along there... unless I bump into someone who actually knows what they're doing whilst moseying...
Woah!
Report 12 years ago
Hmm, I was also hoping I would find someone up there that knew what they were doing, but I guess the damn sheet has baffled more people than I thought!

Right, lets give this a go, on monday so far I have:

1:00-3:00- REgister w. Anatomical Science
1:00-5:00- Register w. Biochem
2:00-3:00- Register w. Anatomy & Physiology

Now, do i go to all of these or none? As I think all of them are medical related, and none say vet sci.

Bah, its all so confusing!
GoldenBumblebee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey guys!

The whole registration thing does seem a bit overwhelming this year- I thought it was difficult to suss out last year!

Are you SURE you have to register with the indivual departments, as last year we didn't and I don't think previous years have had to either (Tam can you confirm this?!)

So my advice, would be to ring up the registration office (there will be some sort of number in the booklet you've been given) and double check, as sometimes there can be printing mistakes!

But I hope you don't have to register individually, as the vettie stuff takes long enough anyway and it means you'll be missing out on all the cool hall stuff! (Which is vvvv imp as well, as although vets are one of the coolest species, you defo need to branch out and meet some 'normal' people!- as in people who don't walk down the street talking about how interesting dissecting that pig in yesterday's dissection was and find that decidedly strange!- believe me, after a couple of months, you'll begin to understand....!
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't have to register for individual units, but Anatomy, Physiology and Bicohemistry are your 1st year subjects, so maybe they've changed it. Probs best to phone, as Debbie says, I'm really not sure what's going on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (76)
29.69%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.42%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.89%

Watched Threads