The Student Room Group

Would a bad/ugly picture on facebook put you off someone?

especially if you thought they looked ok/nice in real life on that day?
no it wouldn't everyone has at least a few bad pictures, I don't think there's anyone that doesn't.
Nope everyone has crappy pictures I know there's a few of me lurking around facebook :laugh:
It wouldn't matter :yep:
Nahhh. Some people just aren't photogenic. I don't see why it matters if you know you're attracted to them IRL, unless you're concerned about using them to impress other people.

I met my boyfriend online, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that he was far better looking in real life than any of his facebook photos! :')
unless they looked completely different & resembled chewbacca :hoppy:

no it wouldn't :u:
Reply 5
I don't think it would bother me.
Reply 6
Not unless you're looking like Honey Boo Boo's mum
Unless they looked absolutely disgusting then no. If anything I'd be more concerned if they looked amazing in facebook photos and a troll in real life (though I'd admire their photoshop abilities)
No, I wouldn't be put off if I know how he/she looks in real life. All people have crappy photos in the past, literally all. You should be happy seeing one's improvement in his/her appearance. That simply means he/she puts effort into it.

Btw, what do you guys think about 'friend requests' to strangers on Facebook? Would you guys accept strangers' friend requests?
Original post by Anonymous
No, I wouldn't be put off if I know how he/she looks in real life. All people have crappy photos in the past, literally all. You should be happy seeing one's improvement in his/her appearance. That simply means he/she puts effort into it.

Btw, what do you guys think about 'friend requests' to strangers on Facebook? Would you guys accept strangers' friend requests?

I don't accept anyone I don't know well enough on Facebook :smile:
Everyone comes out bad in some pictures; they could have been taken at the wrong angle, even; if I knew how good looking someone was in real life, the pictures wouldn't bother me at all.
Original post by MidnightDream
I don't accept anyone I don't know well enough on Facebook :smile:

I see. On the contrary, I would accept most of them provided it's not a ghost account. I just feel that it's kind of rude for not accepting one's friend request.
Original post by Anonymous
I see. On the contrary, I would accept most of them provided it's not a ghost account. I just feel that it's kind of rude for not accepting one's friend request.

I know, I feel a tad bad when I reject them, it's just I'd rather strangers weren't able to look through my profile and stuff and besides if I don't know you I don't see why you would want to add me anyway :laugh:
No, if anything I like seeing funny/'ugly' pictures of people. I like it when people don't take themselves too seriously. It makes them seem more approachable and down to earth. It makes me more fond of them, because it makes them less 'perfect' and scary to speak too. You know, because when you like somebody it's hard to talk to them if they are all 'cool and perfect'.
Reply 14
Nope! I used to date a guy who is very unphotogenic and it didn't bother me in the slightest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending