Turn on thread page Beta

Stupid Opera Browser and Images.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Check the following screenshots out, what's going on here (sorry the images are soooo big):

pic1

The rep gems never show up when people with lots of it, like Knogle, post a thread, causing the page to stretch

pic2

Smilies also sometimes fail to show up. That big orange blob is meant to be Only happens with TSR though, every other site is fine.

EDIT: I've changed the images to links so that people on 800x600 don't have to scroll three miles to the bottom of the page. Also helps Sync and Knogle to have a fight about which browser is best. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, weird. I'm using Opera and don't have these problems. All I can suggest is clearing Opera's cache and seeing if that solves it.

ReputationRep:
    Clearing the cache worked for the smilie but not for the rep gems. Thanks for that Sync

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Sometimes the rep gems take a while to load up and I get the same thing you do - but it happpens in all browsers it seems.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Next time use the [url] tag. >_<

vBulletin rather inefficiently displays each gem one at a time, creating loads of objects on the page. If your browser has a blonde moment, it might try and download them all seperately, instead of downloading one and repeating it. Or it might just be your processor failing to display them.

ReputationRep:
    Get a real browser - FireFox. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Get a real browser - FireFox. :p:
    Boooooo!:p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.