The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Sunderland University Accommodation - BEWARE!!!

During my final year at Sunderland University I decided to move out and live in accommodation, I chose to stay at the Precinct as I knew a friend who had stayed there a previous year and he told me it was a decent place to live for the price and he made new friends because of the experience.

Little did I know that the staff that work their were Homophobic, Rude, and Unprofessional.

Whilst I stayed there, a fellow friend experience an event during a night out which resulted in her needing the police to be involved. A staff member, named Amanda (Mandy), not only broadcasted what had happened to her down the flat hall for everyone to hear, she accused the victim of lying and continued to shout out the details throughout the Precinct location.

Myself and this girl then experience verbal abuse, physical abuse, and bullying from the other 4 flat mates throughout our time in the accommodation yet when we tried to complain we were accused of lying and also accused of being the bullies ourselves and deserving.

Not only had this Amanda (Mandy) accused us, the victims, of being the aggressors but that we had deserved it. When I experienced homophobic slurs from the bullies in my flat I decided to report it to which this Amanda (Mandy) turned to me and told me to: "Man up. Stop being a little faggot you deserve it anyway"

NEVER STAY AT THE PRECINCT! AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS!!!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending