Were GCSEs what you expected?

Watch this thread
Poll: Did GCSEs match your expectations?
Yes (107)
34.29%
No, they were harder! (84)
26.92%
No, they were easier! (121)
38.78%
username1414853
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Did the GCSE exams this year match your expectations? Were they harder, easier or just what you thought they would be?
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
Most of them were surprisingly nice apart from the English Lit OMAM paper (I suck at English anyway so I'm not too bothered though :/)
username1414853
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Arithmeticae)
Most of them were surprisingly nice apart from the English Lit OMAM paper (I suck at English anyway so I'm not too bothered though :/)
I thought that AQA iGCSE English Lit went surprisingly well. It was Geography physical that caught me out a bit.
TheNervousWreck
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Couple of difficult papers e.g. AQA Physical Geography and EDEXCEL IGCSE Spanish listening but mostly as aspected!
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Oh don't get me started on that
blondelocks
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Physics (ocr 21st century) was incredibly difficult for GCSE and rather obscure, although everyone seems to agree so don't know what'll happen there. Other than that they were as I expected.
interstitial
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
It could have been pretty much anything except the first chapter and it would have been OK, why did they have to pick the topic I didn't cover?!

I only put down the basic father figure/superiority stuff and made some BS up about the weather, lol
Clarinet
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
All nice apart from OCR B Geography SDME and OCR Gateway P123
Clarinet
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
It could have been pretty much anything except the first chapter and it would have been OK, why did they have to pick the topic I didn't cover?!

I only put down the basic father figure/superiority stuff and made some BS up about the weather, lol
It was a horrible question, although I thought the Part B was okay
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Clarinet)
I can't really remember it. I'm not sure I want to lol
Clarinet
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I can't really remember it. I'm not sure I want to lol
I think it was relationships, I remember writing about Curley and Curley's wife, Candy and his relationship with George and Lennie

I'm not sad to drop English haha
interstitial
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Clarinet)
Can't even remember what it was, but I think I managed to rescue myself from completely bombing on the other part

English isn't really my thing so I'm not that bothered anyway, lol
Clarinet
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
English isn't really my thing so I'm not that bothered anyway, lol
Me neither, won't be sad to let it go
HeskeyLAD
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Harder in my opinion. Compared to past papers at least.
Witness Tecle
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
all as expected except for the exam i just did today - maths paper 2 edexcel. it was horrible :mad: and there was me thinking an A overall was what i was going to get. this paper might have actually ruined my life since all my a levels ask for a top grade in maths. ughhhhh! i hope it's anything but a C or below. ruined my day for me completely
HeskeyLAD
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Witness Tecle)
all as expected except for the exam i just did today - maths paper 2 edexcel. it was horrible :mad: and there was me thinking an A overall was what i was going to get. this paper might have actually ruined my life since all my a levels ask for a top grade in maths. ughhhhh! i hope it's anything but a C or below. ruined my day for me completely
Paper 2 didn't go as well as Paper 1 in my opinion.
baaboo999
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm happy with how they all went tbh! Although, AQA media was a bit of a mess :/ (not enough time)
Lawliettt
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Found all 9 science exams easy as hell. The maths went well too (finished the paper today with 30 minutes to spare). Only thing I'm worried about is my Geography coursework because I never actually got a mark back and it might pull down my grade.
Eddard Stark
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I messed up in about 6 exams altogether, rest were fine...
DebkoX
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Honestly? It went by in a blur. It was the longest weeks of my life, yet also the shortest. I found:
History
English Literature
C1
C2
C3
B1
B2
B3
P1
P2
P3

To all be far easier than I expected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (29)
29.29%
Take a gap year (16)
16.16%
Resit my exams (26)
26.26%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (13)
13.13%
I don't know yet (10)
10.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.05%

Watched Threads