Alternatives Watch

Obscure_d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I need to ask, If i have messed up on my GCSEs, but at the same time got 5 as at AS and good predicted grades. Would I have a better chance to get into law at OXBRIDGE if i took a gap year and applied post exam grades, and what would be a worthwhile way to spend that year to improove my chances.
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Check the Gap Year Forum for ideas on how you can occupy your time.

If I were you, I'd just apply with your AS grades first since you have 5 A Levels. That's going to somewhat convince them of your intelligence and your GCSE grades will take the back seat. If you do not get accepted during the first round, at least you will have the necessary experience and A Level grades to apply again in the following year (plus taking a Gap Year as well) -> twice the opportunity.
Mr. Pink
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
it depends i guess on how bad your gcse's were.
CamSPSer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Apply whilst still at school... if you don't get in you can reapply, two bites of the cherry and all that
confuddled101
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I completely messed up my gcses, and my school have said they think Id be a good post -A level applicant as thye can then see certain grades etc, and Ive grown pretty fond of the idea - there are hundreds of awesome things to do in your gap year, but I couldn't not apply this year so I am anyway, with absolutely no hope nor expectation, purely so i didn't miss the opportunity. You might as well!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.45%
No (287)
74.55%

Watched Threads