The Student Room Group

groningen acceptance?

Hello everyone, I applied to Groningen as an international student for September 2014 start, but haven't gotten an answer back. The online system says the application was process and verified over a month ago. I also got an email address and username from Groningen. :confused:

For anyone who has applied, when did you get your answer? Did anyone else get a blackboard account without a decision being made?
Reply 1
Hi slbenfica,

I am in the same exact situation you find yourself in. I had my application verified not long ago and also received a username and password. I don't think that means anything.

I also know of another person who applied a long time ago. They have received a conditional offer a while back (mid May).

Please contact me if you have any updates and I will do likewise (sent you a private message with my email).
Original post by slbenfica
Hello everyone, I applied to Groningen as an international student for September 2014 start, but haven't gotten an answer back. The online system says the application was process and verified over a month ago. I also got an email address and username from Groningen. :confused:

For anyone who has applied, when did you get your answer? Did anyone else get a blackboard account without a decision being made?

Hey,
I applied for the English taught B.Sc Physics. I got an email at the end of April from Groningen offering me a place. But to "officially" accept this offer, I had to print out, sign and send back to the University a document which basically states that I am confirming my place. I also had to send by post a verified (by either a lawyer, my high school or the original document) of my exam results. A couple of weeks later, I got the green light from the University saying that they revieved all the necessary documents and that I have officially accepted my place.
I applied in May.
With regards to the username and password situation, I also revieved that email and I think it must be sent to all students who have applied.
I also got rather confused while applying and waiting from the University. I strongly recommend phoning the University. The lady who helped me was super friendly and cleared everything up.
Hope this helps,
James :smile:
Reply 3
Hm I applied back in April which is why I'm a bit worried. The process was incredibly quick until after the verification. Maybe its because of transfer credits? I'm applying to switch universities entirely.

reffixd, I'll contact you as soon as theres an update. :smile:

James, do you know until what time the university takes calls? The time difference doesn't help haha
Original post by slbenfica
Hm I applied back in April which is why I'm a bit worried. The process was incredibly quick until after the verification. Maybe its because of transfer credits? I'm applying to switch universities entirely.

reffixd, I'll contact you as soon as theres an update. :smile:

James, do you know until what time the university takes calls? The time difference doesn't help haha

Ah so are you not applying for first year entry then? Yeah, I am not sure, put the credit transfer sounds possible.

Phoning up should get rid of any worry, they can tell you the exact status of your application.
The Netherlands is 1HR + GMT time, and I phoned it is between 11AM and 3PM Dutch time, which translate to calling between 10AM and 2PM UK time.

Good luck,

James
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Ok I finally got a hold of them! She was very polite and apologized for the lack of response, noting the admissions office doesn't usually take so long. I'm supposed to get an email today after she calls her contact in admissions confirming the present status and when I will get a response. It should be within a week however.

It seems that it is the credit transfer that is dragging out the process. Checked the online Groningen application system and there is a second application already completed for pre-Master. Also one of the reasons its so hard to get a hold of them is because I'm across the atlantic haha.

I'll let you know when the response finally comes in. And thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Hello, I just want to know did you receive the offer that year? How hard is it to get into Groningen University?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending