Dry shampoo? Watch

smurfling
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hello all,
I've just had some extensions put in my hair and because glue was used, I'm not supposed to wash it every day and stuff. I was thinking of using a dry shampoo inbetween washes, but do they actually work and if so does anyone have any recommendation? Also, does talcum powder do the job just as well?
Thanks a lot!
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
shouldnt they of told you all this?
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The hairdresser should given you some advice on how to handle this type of situation. I'd advice you to back to the person who actually placed the extensions in your hair.
Sheen
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
weird!
i didnt know you could get dry shampoo
burningwings
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i used dry shampoo after a festival when i couldnt be bothered to wash my hair! was well good
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have the baptiste stuff-looks like old granny stuff but its amazing!
Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what does dry shampoo do?
Louher
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hayley_2k4)
what does dry shampoo do?
It stops you hair looking as greasy when you've no time to wash it. I only ever use it as festivals. It has the same effect as talc does on your hair, only without the whiteness lol
Angelharpist
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you're ash blonde at the roots/fringe like me then it's amazing stuff - gets rid of any greasiness and makes it look gorgeous

I can't wash my hair every day otherwise it gets even oilier, but using Dry Shampoo on the second day (on just the fringe) makes a huge difference.

The Batiste stuff is cheap at £1.99, but the Lee Stafford one (£4.99) is even better. Bumble and Bumble now do dry shampoos for different hair colours, so brunettes don't end up with the tell tale white powdery roots. Worth Googling...
Princess_Charley
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Lee Stafford one is amazing!!!! Also try rubbing in some of his "all shagged out" powder wax. That does the trick too. A tub has lasted me for forever and it also adds volume and smells lush!!

I wash my hair everyday and i just use this for volume. But when my hair feels unclean and i dont have time to shower in morn this really makes it feel clean again.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads