Turn on thread page Beta

Best Film this Summer... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been to the cinema so many times this summer and have gotta say that miami vice has certainly been my favourite film. Just wanted to know what everyone else feels has been the best flick they've watched this summer?

ReputationRep:
    Three way tie for me, between Cars, Miami Vice and Superman Returns. All fantastic, in my honest opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Snakes on a plane. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceofspades2345)
    Snakes on a plane. :ninja:
    Seconded. And I'm not even joking.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...Superman Returns for me, but to be honest they have been a little dissapointing overall, could have done with Spidey 3 reeeeeally...*sigh* only 6 (or so) months to wait...

ReputationRep:
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Pure genius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenheartstornupletters)
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Pure genius.
    I agree, johnny is such a babe 2

Bring on the 3rd one

ReputationRep:
    "It's MY jar of dirt!" haha. I love Johnny. He's such an amazing actor. And effing hot as Jack Sparrow. Pwhoar.

Damn right, can't wait. I was proper stunned at the end and Barbossa showed up. I was sat in the cinema with my mouth wide open in astonishment. LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Johnny really brings the character of jack to life, from all his characteristic to his kwirky lines. Ahh, such a babe. I love how he runs, wiv his arms everywhere, lol.

I was shocked at the end too. I was like, no way, but hes dead, the curse was lifted, whats going on. Lol.

I wonder when the 3rd one will be released?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I dunno, but the first was out about two years ago wasn't it? So probably another two years or something. Meh, I dunno.

Yeah, he's awesome haha.

One of the funniest bits was when he got caught in that shed thing and shook paprika under his arms and was like "Heh...seasoning." LOLLL.

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeh , that was soo funny. and also when them people on that island where throwing fruit at him and he became a kebab sort of thing because he was tied up to that pole thing, lol

aww bless, he's so funny, 'wheres the thump thump', lol.

I kno they are filming the 3rd one now, so maybe it will be out next year. I cant wait any longer.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh maybe then! I hope it's not as long as it was for the second to come out. Gosh, it was the best film I've seen in ages. I think it was much better than the first.

And, I know it wasn't the time, but when will got his shirt ripped out about to be lashed, I almost squealed but then remembered I was with a boy and wouldn't appreciate it as much as a girl friend would have. XD

I feel the need to see it again, with a girl, so we can squee and fangirl over Mr Turner and Mr Sparrow.

ReputationRep:
    lol, i watched it twice and both times i was on the edge of my seat. Mr Turner is too much of a pretty boy for me, i like jack, hes just raw sexyiness, oh yes, lol.

I think we saw more of jack in this one, so thats why i liked it. But i have to admit that the 2nd one did go on for abit.

You defo have to see it with a girl. Its more fun to sit and drool over johnny, but for the scary scenes a lad to hold onto aint to bad either,

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha agreed. I nearly fell off my chair when they were in the forest and that person camoflaged in green leaves and paint jumped out. LOL. The lad I was with was proper laughing at me. XD

Yes, I do need to see it with a girl haha.

ReputationRep:
    awwwwwww*dreams of johnny*

ReputationRep:
    I think Cars has potential, ain't seen it yet, but seen clips of it, and it looks quite funny

Not really interested in any other films out this summer, except maybe POTC (whatever it's called), but i think i will wait for that to come to DVD...

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah, Cars looks good. Might check that out.

In all fairness though, I think POTC needs to be seen on the big screen first because of all the effects and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    I think Cars has potential, ain't seen it yet, but seen clips of it, and it looks quite funny

Not really interested in any other films out this summer, except maybe POTC (whatever it's called), but i think i will wait for that to come to DVD...
    I wanted to see cars too, but none f my mates would come with me, they said it was too childish.

You defo have to watch POTC in the cinema, its more darker and scarier than the last one (well kinda, if you get scared easily like me), so its more fun in the cinema

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, childish. That Haunted House looks childish, but I'm still tempted to go and see it. Childish films can be quite good.

Yeah, :dito:. It is alot darker than the first, but it's absolutely brilliant. However, Keria Knightley's acting ability and mouth still annoyed the crap out of me. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laaibah)
    I wanted to see cars too, but none f my mates would come with me, they said it was too childish.

You defo have to watch POTC in the cinema, its more darker and scarier than the last one (well kinda, if you get scared easily like me), so its more fun in the cinema

Childish?? :eek: How dare they!! :p:

I don't like cinemas, i get restless sitting around for ages. But might get off my arse and sit through POTC as it is worth it

I got scared at Some Zombie film in the cinema last year, can't remember what it was called though. EDIT: Land of The Dead.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.