sungyun_1130
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
For all those uni students who are studying zoology, how is it like? What kind of things do you learn? Do you learn anything similar or relevant to what you've learnt at school? Is it fun!?
xlizx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am starting my degree in Zoology in September and will be covering subjects such as ecology, biomeasurement, genetics, animals form and function, animal behaviour, conservation, mammalogy, invertebrate biology, vertebrate biology and lots more relating to animal biology. We also have a lot of field trips tp study animals but that will vary depending on the university.

As to what I learnt at school, I suppose what we covered in biology (cells etc) will be covered in much greater detail. I have friends who are doing Zoology at the moment and they enjoy it as they are passionate about the subject; you really need to love animal science and be willing to work hard
redferry
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sungyun_1130)
For all those uni students who are studying zoology, how is it like? What kind of things do you learn? Do you learn anything similar or relevant to what you've learnt at school? Is it fun!?
Hey, I created this thread a while back about zoology degrees/graduating with a zoology degree which might answer some of your questions! Feel free to ask more though!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2619476
sungyun_1130
Rep:
?
(Original post by xlizx)
I am starting my degree in Zoology in September and will be covering subjects such as ecology, biomeasurement, genetics, animals form and function, animal behaviour, conservation, mammalogy, invertebrate biology, vertebrate biology and lots more relating to animal biology. We also have a lot of field trips tp study animals but that will vary depending on the university.

As to what I learnt at school, I suppose what we covered in biology (cells etc) will be covered in much greater detail. I have friends who are doing Zoology at the moment and they enjoy it as they are passionate about the subject; you really need to love animal science and be willing to work hard
I'm choosing my university course now and hope to study zoology next year, thanks for your reply!
sungyun_1130
Rep:
?
(Original post by redferry)
Hey, I created this thread a while back about zoology degrees/graduating with a zoology degree which might answer some of your questions! Feel free to ask more though!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2619476

Oh great! I didn't know that thank you!
xlizx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sungyun_1130)
I'm choosing my university course now and hope to study zoology next year, thanks for your reply!

Good luck, are you looking into any other subjects or are you definatly wanting to study zoology?
sungyun_1130
Rep:
?
(Original post by xlizx)
Good luck, are you looking into any other subjects or are you definatly wanting to study zoology?
I've wondered around a bit ranging between Biology, Marine Biology, Environmental Sciences and finally decided to rest on zoology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (25)
27.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (9)
10%
No I am happy with my choice (50)
55.56%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
6.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise