The Student Room Group

What would you do if you found out that somone fancied you?

How would you react?
Would you approach your crushee?
Or would you just let it slide?
Discuss!

Soz, typo for someone

Scroll to see replies

I just tend to ignore it until they say something ,act normally

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't handle being told it - it was my best friend who told me and I honestly, did not know how to handle it.. I'd appreciate it if people did tell me now because I know how to handle it. It'd also be handy if I had a crush on that person because I'm too shy and a coward to say it :tongue:
Reply 3
Paaaaaaarty!
Reply 4
Well if I want a relationship I'll chat to them. If I don't I'll just sorta make them go off me without directly saying no to them.
Ignore them,and if they ask me out I just say 'Sorry I already have bf'.
I'd decide whether I fancied them back, and tell them.
If I liked them I'd tell them.
If I didn't I'd get to know them to see if I thought something would work between them anyway. You don't need a crush to be in a relationship.
If I feel some sort of attraction to them, see where it goes. If not, then I'd tell them I would only want a future with them as friends, and hope it can be that way. No awkwardness, no difficulty, nothing complicated.

I could never understand any other way of moving forward - I straight up believe anything else is essentially incorrect/silly.
Reply 9
I would only acknowledge it if they were my type :/
If they are not my type, I just try to pretend I don't know. Sorry, I know how mean that sounds
I'd be flattered no matter who it was, if I like them back I'd tell them, flirt or whatever
If not and they tell me I have my go to excuse which is 'I have a boyfriend sorry' although that one might catch up with me soon :erm:
If they don't bring it up I will pretend that I nothing :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
I tend not to presume unless they make a move and then I freak out because I don't know what to say. It usually involves running away in some capacity.
I would approach them and give them hope by saying that I relate to their feelings, I fancy myself too. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Carry on with life as normal?
Not really pay mind. If I a tane/guy comes up to me speaking for his friend, I hate them both. Then I'd get over it 2 mins later after I make the guy feel awkawrd ignoring him. I normally find out from the person but it would be a creepy or crude thing he says. So I brush them off. If someone politely maturely comes up to me I honestly am not flattered very easily so I won't say, O, maybe I'll give it a shot. No. I never give any shots to strangers. We have to have friended in like group work or something, not off the queue at the shop or during a jog. No. I don't date from my school. Too close for comfort.
(edited 9 years ago)
If I found out someone I didn't like back fancied me, I would take it as a compliment and that would be it and if it ever came up, I would tell them gently I wasn't interested.

If someone I did fancy also fancied me back, I probably still wouldn't have the balls to tell them how I felt unless they told me first, unless I was drunk lol.
If they are my "crushee", then probably break into a little happy dance and kneel down and thank god for the miracle but if not just pretend I don't know and act normally. But sometimes, sadly, I even act a little more distant and cold to them
ive been in this situation so many times, i have developed a conditioned reaction to it. pm me for more info
Reply 18
Original post by caseyfattey69
ive been in this situation so many times, i have developed a conditioned reaction to it. pm me for more info

Aha Casey! You crack me up pal!! :rofl:

Please why not share and enlighten everyone on this thread of how it's done?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending