Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi every1

everyone knows that studying in te US is far more expensive than in teh UK, so just wondering if anyone knew about any companies that offer Scholarships for study in the US. i'm probably thinking of going to the US after ive finished my A-levels and probably going to study Economics as my major. Ive heard of Fulbright Commission and checked out their site(they dont offer scholarships for economics study in teh US), but i dont know anything about other companies. any1 know of any others?

thanx in advance

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't know of any such companies (although, probably someone living in the UK does). I just wished to point out that (in the far majority of) universities require that applicants do the SAT/ACT and a number require the SAT II. For more on that look at: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/App...raduate_Degree

ReputationRep:
    Start seeing which schools like to give money to international students. I know that Earlham did and wouldn't be surprised if you got a warm reception from other small, liberal arts schools that want to foster an international community on campus.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto, some of the smaller or less well known schools will offer more financial assistance to internationals than some of the more recognised colleges. Your best bet is to decide what location you might want to study in specifically and then compare schools in that area and your subject field in terms of the assistance available.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, it's probably only more expensive if you're wanting to go to a private school.

Although private schools are more likely to be interested in an international community, if you can find a public school interested in internationals then it would probably be quite easy to get a scholarship.

As far as companies that will sponsor your undergraduate studies, I don't think you'll find many. However, many of the larger firms will sponsor your graduate studies if you work for them.

ReputationRep:
    Private schools aren't more expensive if they throw you full tuition with room and board. Publics tend to have many more spending restrictions and are a tad more likely to spend money on in-state students who otherwise won't be able to afford to attend. Also, out-of-state tuition costs at public schools are roughly on par with the cost of attending a private school. But, hey, they're both worth a try!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Earlham)
    Private schools aren't more expensive if they throw you full tuition with room and board. Publics tend to have many more spending restrictions and are a tad more likely to spend money on in-state students who otherwise won't be able to afford to attend. Also, out-of-state tuition costs at public schools are roughly on par with the cost of attending a private school. But, hey, they're both worth a try!
    Out of state tuition fees are very often waived.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.