German Homework Help Service Watch

weasdown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Having noticed that there is no thread specifically to help people with German homework, I decided to make one myself.

The idea is that if you have an essay that needs correction, some phrases to translate or just some help with grammar, then you can post it up here and I'll try to get back to you with a decent answer.

I'm about to start learning German A2, so this is aimed at anyone with questions for AS Level or below.

Of course my German's by no means perfect, so if anyone feels they could do a better job of answering a question then they are more than welcome to do so.
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
paulmch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm also happy to help; I'm doing German at university and I've just come back from my year abroad
TheAnusFiles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paulmch)
I'm also happy to help; I'm doing German at university and I've just come back from my year abroad
wie viele deutsche Frauen haben sie gebumst?
paulmch
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheAnusFiles)
wie viele deutsche Frauen haben sie gebumst?
Von welchem Prüfungsgremium kommt denn so eine Frage? Das Kurrikulum ist ja sexuell geworden!
TheAnusFiles
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by paulmch)
Von welchem Prüfungsgremium kommt denn so eine Frage? Das Kurrikulum ist ja sexuell geworden!
Das Lebe
weasdown
Rep:
?
Anyone need any German help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
naomi2121
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you do french ?
Leanne1455
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing at A2 at the moment. I will help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
weasdown
Rep:
?
(Original post by naomi2121)
Do you do french ?
I did French GCSE and got an A* but I've forgotten most of it which is why I've set this up for German.

Posted from TSR Mobile
weasdown
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leanne1455)
I'm doing at A2 at the moment. I will help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. I'm now into A2 too, so between us we should be fine for helping people at that level too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
woodpecker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can help too I got an A* at A2 last year and am currently living in Germany on my gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
weasdown
Rep:
?
(Original post by woodpecker)
I can help too I got an A* at A2 last year and am currently living in Germany on my gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great, thanks. Got any tips for getting the A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
woodpecker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by weasdown)
Great, thanks. Got any tips for getting the A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In general, I would say just learn as much vocab as you can and try to practice talking in german as much as possible. Or if you don't have anyone to speak to, you can try getting yourself to think in german instead of English in everyday life. Obviously this isn't possible all the time, but try and do it when you remember to and you'll find that your german becomes much more spontaneous, which is really good for speaking exams

Assuming you're already fairly confident of getting an A (and have already got an a or at least a b at AS) then I would say keep doing what you're doing cos it's obviously working! In the exam however, make sure to check through your answers to the reading and listening really carefully cos a few marks can really make a difference between an A and an A*. Also, practice the essay loads!! I don't know which exam board you're doing, but the essay is likely to make up a large proportion of the marks, so you have to do well! I remember in my mock I only got a B overall because, even though I had only dropped about 2 or 3 marks in the reading and listening, I'd got about 18/40 in the essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
weasdown
Rep:
?
Thanks for the great tips! I'm on WJEC and the essay is 45 of the 98 marks, so it certainly makes up a lot. I got an A at AS and I'm predicted the same at A2 but my teacher has also said if I stretch myself I could get the A*, so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
woodpecker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by weasdown)
Thanks for the great tips! I'm on WJEC and the essay is 45 of the 98 marks, so it certainly makes up a lot. I got an A at AS and I'm predicted the same at A2 but my teacher has also said if I stretch myself I could get the A*, so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! I'm sure you can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
weasdown
Rep:
?
(Original post by woodpecker)
Good luck! I'm sure you can do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
euphrosynay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
hey! i'm not near an A2 qualification, but would be happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (0)
0%
No (56)
100%

Watched Threads