The Student Room Group

Exam exhaustion

Has anyone got to the point where you just can't learn anything more? I've done 3 exams and they all went really well and I have 3 exams left next week Monday Tuesday and Friday and I just can't revise for them my head feels like it's about to explode, I had yesterday afternoon off but I feel just as bad today:frown: has anyone else felt like this and how did you overcome it? Thanks:smile:
Reply 1
You've had 3 exams and feel exhausted? Try 10.
Is it A-levels? I've just done around 20 GCSE exams with 3 more to go and I'm feeling weary and have a lack of motivation right now..but just remember that if you push through now, it'll be so worth it on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by junaid95

I've done 10, and you're not answering OP's question either :rolleyes:

OP go outside for a walk, and clear the mind a bit. It's what I've been doing, it helps. A lot.
Reply 4
This is rather peculiar. Just try to relax and then study after. You can watch a movie or a few episodes in your favourite tv show. Chatting with friends might be a bad idea since they might bring up exams in conversation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by junaid95

It doesn't make a difference how many exams because some are harder than others and hold more content than others, I wasn't complaining about how many exams I have but thanks that was really helpful x
Reply 6
Original post by mynr
It doesn't make a difference how many exams because some are harder than others and hold more content than others, I wasn't complaining about how many exams I have but thanks that was really helpful x

You just have to realise that some people on here are complete idiots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have done 7 exams and my last exam is on monday and i am exhausted with exams. It is bad that i dont care if i get a really bad grade in that exam but it is going to bring my whole AS maths grade down. :frown:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by mynr
Has anyone got to the point where you just can't learn anything more? I've done 3 exams and they all went really well and I have 3 exams left next week Monday Tuesday and Friday and I just can't revise for them my head feels like it's about to explode, I had yesterday afternoon off but I feel just as bad today:frown: has anyone else felt like this and how did you overcome it? Thanks:smile:

I have finally finished my exams now.

I was really sick yesterday, the day of my last exam, due to exhaustion I was shaking and felt really light-headed and sick. Not worried about the exam, just sick and tired of the hours and hours of revision.

Good luck with your exams - keep at it
Exam fatigue - normal. Try and take a short break, do something completely different .
Oh man, exam stress is really torturous, on your body, mind, well being, it just affect everything, particularly if you're unprepared.

It's easy to feel like your exams are over and you start relaxing towards the end, because there's just one or two exams left, make sure you keep your eye on the ball till the end

My exams are over now, but when I was doing them and experiencing the stress, I tried to change my perspective, at the time I felt doomed because I wasn't as prepared and like giving up, so before I went to bed every night, just to calm myself on the inside, I tried talking it out, i'd tell myself things like, i'm capable of doing these exams otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to take them, and that i'm sure I can answer things better than I think I can, but if I do fail, it won't be the end of the world, so many people have failed at these things before me, and i'm sure they were still alive and breathing afterwards, and whatever happens, I will always find a way out, it's not like i'm going to end up in a gutter, but even if I do, there's always some way to get out of it, and there's always help available, family, friends etc.

These little self talks would help a little, but even then i'd still feel the stress, my sleep wasn't quality, my mind was blowing with all this information, I felt like I wasn't living

but remember it's just a (very) short term turmoil, and once you get through it in the loveliest way possible, you can breaaaathe
and don't forget to rest and give time to yourself or you certainly will exhaust yourself out
Original post by JustBeing
Oh man, exam stress is really torturous, on your body, mind, well being, it just affect everything, particularly if you're unprepared.

It's easy to feel like your exams are over and you start relaxing towards the end, because there's just one or two exams left, make sure you keep your eye on the ball till the end

My exams are over now, but when I was doing them and experiencing the stress, I tried to change my perspective, at the time I felt doomed because I wasn't as prepared and like giving up, so before I went to bed every night, just to calm myself on the inside, I tried talking it out, i'd tell myself things like, i'm capable of doing these exams otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to take them, and that i'm sure I can answer things better than I think I can, but if I do fail, it won't be the end of the world, so many people have failed at these things before me, and i'm sure they were still alive and breathing afterwards, and whatever happens, I will always find a way out, it's not like i'm going to end up in a gutter, but even if I do, there's always some way to get out of it, and there's always help available, family, friends etc.

These little self talks would help a little, but even then i'd still feel the stress, my sleep wasn't quality, my mind was blowing with all this information, I felt like I wasn't living

but remember it's just a (very) short term turmoil, and once you get through it in the loveliest way possible, you can breaaaathe
and don't forget to rest and give time to yourself or you certainly will exhaust yourself out

Thinking all that stuff you said there would've put me in the gutter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel your pain, OP. I've only sat 4 exams yet they started over a month ago.

I'm unbelievably close to a mental breakdown and at the moment, I feel like anything can push me over the edge.

I've been sitting down for so long everyday, that my body actually doesn't work anymore. I've got two frozen shoulders that have been paining me for well over 2 weeks now and muscles in my legs that are severly underused. Basically, I'm so worried about not getting into university, I'm literally killing myself by revising too much.

And last week, that all came to nothing. I am almost certain that I failed a physics exam and that I most certainly won't be going to university. There's nothing more crushing than having something you've put your blood, sweat and tears into go to waste, but that's life.

Despite all of this, I still manage to retain a relatively calm exterior and stay focused on my next exams. I find talking to yourself and telling yourself really positive things can help a lot. Also, in my case anyway, I spend so much time alone revising that I don't talk to anyone at all and so hearing my own voice out loud reminds me that the world is real.

When things get too much, which they do about 4 times a day, I look up and see two small posters stuck at eye level above my desk that remind me that it's all worth it.

Two small posters with two small quotes:

"Don't cry to quit, cry to keep going" and "Remember why you started".

Keep strong, and I wish you all the best in your remaining exams.
Original post by mynr

Do something relaxing for a while, get your mind off revision.

When you start revising again, do short bursts of revision and take breaks :smile:
Original post by lebron_23
I feel your pain, OP. I've only sat 4 exams yet they started over a month ago.

I'm unbelievably close to a mental breakdown and at the moment, I feel like anything can push me over the edge.

I've been sitting down for so long everyday, that my body actually doesn't work anymore. I've got two frozen shoulders that have been paining me for well over 2 weeks now and muscles in my legs that are severly underused. Basically, I'm so worried about not getting into university, I'm literally killing myself by revising too much.

And last week, that all came to nothing. I am almost certain that I failed a physics exam and that I most certainly won't be going to university. There's nothing more crushing than having something you've put your blood, sweat and tears into go to waste, but that's life.

Despite all of this, I still manage to retain a relatively calm exterior and stay focused on my next exams. I find talking to yourself and telling yourself really positive things can help a lot. Also, in my case anyway, I spend so much time alone revising that I don't talk to anyone at all and so hearing my own voice out loud reminds me that the world is real.

When things get too much, which they do about 4 times a day, I look up and see two small posters stuck at eye level above my desk that remind me that it's all worth it.

Two small posters with two small quotes:

"Don't cry to quit, cry to keep going" and "Remember why you started".

Keep strong, and I wish you all the best in your remaining exams.

This is one of the best things I've read in a while (I do a lot of reading) :smile:
Original post by MSc0tt
I have finally finished my exams now.

I was really sick yesterday, the day of my last exam, due to exhaustion I was shaking and felt really light-headed and sick. Not worried about the exam, just sick and tired of the hours and hours of revision.

Good luck with your exams - keep at it

That was like me going in to my last exam. Now there all over my life seem empty,
Op just take break go and do something total unrelated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest