Business Studies good for Engineering?

Watch
Redpoprincess
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I want to study engineering in university but I'm having a hard time picking my last subject for GCSE. I have already chosen:
German
Geography
Art
History

I'm not sure whether Business Studies will benefit me in future course. Does anybody know if it will?
BBeyond
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sabiscopic)
I want to study engineering in university but I'm having a hard time picking my last subject for GCSE. I have already chosen:
German
Geography
Art
History

I'm not sure whether Business Studies will benefit me in future course. Does anybody know if it will?
GCSEs don't really matter when it comes to what you want to do for uni.

If I were you I would not do business, if you do edexcel, it was my least favorite subject at GCSE, the stuff you learn is boring, the coursework is hard, and the unit 1 exam (multiple choice) has ridiculous grade boundaries.
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did AQA Business and it really is just common sense, everything I learnt in unit 1 was incredibly easy and Unit 2 was basically globalisation which I knew because of geography. I did enjoy it though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
BBeyond
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
I did AQA Business and it really is just common sense, everything I learnt in unit 1 was incredibly easy and Unit 2 was basically globalisation which I knew because of geography. I did enjoy it though..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda wish I did AQA business, seems so much better/interesting.
Shady778
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you go onto AS. DO NOT DO BUSINESS STUDIES. Just future warning. Its considered a soft subject but is easily one of the hardest. Personally find it harder than my maths and Chemistry A levels.
Knee Grow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BBeyond)
GCSEs don't really matter when it comes to what you want to do for uni.

If I were you I would not do business, if you do edexcel, it was my least favorite subject at GCSE, the stuff you learn is boring, the coursework is hard, and the unit 1 exam (multiple choice) has ridiculous grade boundaries.
This guy is basically spot on about Edexcel, can't speak for other exam boards though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.38%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.38%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
46.88%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (6)
18.75%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads