euro accounts and the law Watch

dsch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
My dad owns a small company which does business in Continental Europe amongst other places and as such has a sizeable euro account. He occasionally pays me to fill a transient labour supply gap. It may suit my purposes to have a euro account - can I be paid in euros for any work I do (assuming his cooperation)? Is this legal? Any replies would be very much appreciated, I'm sure somebody on here knows.
Roll-The-Dice-And-Win
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
". Even though Britain is not joining yet, from January we will be able to borrow, save, and spend in euros. Some of us may even get our salary in euros. Many British businesses will trade with each other in euros. We will be able to write cheques in euros, send invoices in euros, even pay our taxes in euros."
(http://www.deadline.demon.co.uk/arch...ise/981201.htm)

I guess it will be fine I also saw an article where MPs in the house of commons have an option to get paid in euros. So i guess you have no worries about legality...
dsch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (90)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (181)
40.22%
Nope, not that interesting (179)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise