The Student Room Group

Are you For or Against mass low-skilled immigration from poor countries?

Poll

Are you FOR or AGAINST mass low-skilled immigration from poor countries?

Are you For or Against mass low-skilled immigration from poor countries? Vote in the poll!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
Are you For or Against mass low-skilled immigration from poor countries? Vote in the poll!

Dead against.

We've got enough unemployed in the Uk to need poorly skilled immigrants.
I'm supportive of free movement of labour.

Regardless of unemployment rates, fact remains most of your JSA-scum brigades won't do the toughest of jobs regardless of how much you get paid.
Original post by Alfissti

Regardless of unemployment rates, fact remains most of your JSA-scum brigades won't do the toughest of jobs regardless of how much you get paid.

Rubbish, this country did not come to a standstill before Eastern European nations joined the eu
Original post by Green Marble
Rubbish, this country did not come to a standstill before Eastern European nations joined the eu

That was then, we are talking of NOW.
The free movement of people has been proven to be unbalanced, unmanageable and non reciprocal between western and eastern europe

i am against the free movement of people as it is mainly a one way system
That was then, we are talking of NOW.

So now the country would come to a standstill if we stopped Eastern European immigration ??
Against, we barely have enough blue collar jobs for our own citizens
Most definitely for, providing we maintain a national minimum wage where they can't undercut British workers.

They only come here because of the fact that they know they can find employment as jobs available to them are 'beneath' that of your standard JSA dweller.

The argument of 'they're taking our jobs' is invalid when they're just simply a more productive. If you're a business owner, what would you look for most? Greater productivity or them being British?
Reply 9

So why don't we just remove their benefits if they refused a job? Oh because you don't believe in doing that either? :rolleyes:
Reply 10
Original post by Mathsz0r
Most definitely for, providing we maintain a national minimum wage where they can't undercut British workers.

They only come here because of the fact that they know they can find employment as jobs available to them are 'beneath' that of your standard JSA dweller.

The argument of 'they're taking our jobs' is invalid when they're just simply a more productive. If you're a business owner, what would you look for most? Greater productivity or them being British?

and what of the argument the whole country then needs to build more schools, houses and hospitals for people picking strawberries in fields, paying no income tax? :rolleyes:
Yes, I am against mass, low-skilled immigration from poorer countries. But being honest, there is barely any of this immigration actually taking place. People who do come to the UK in large numbers (and I'm guessing that you're referring to Eastern Europeans), are not low-skilled. They do valuable jobs, which are needed in society, and are hard working, good people, from my own experiences.
Reply 12
everyone who is against mass low-skilled immigration is racist
For, who are you to say someone is too poor or low skilled to enter a country? They are just after a better life
tbh in the UK its immigrants who come and claim benefits or exploiting services that bothers me, if they're working hard and making honest pay then good for them I suppose
Original post by Ripper-Roo
For, who are you to say someone is too poor or low skilled to enter a country? They are just after a better life

The reason why they want to come here is irrevelent. And britain and the british people owe no one a better life

and what do you mean who are you to say someone is too poor or low skilled ?

this is my homeland and I have every effing right comment on immigration polices
(edited 9 years ago)
So why don't we just remove their benefits if they refused a job? Oh because you don't believe in doing that either? :rolleyes:

Oh I'd love it very much for every single one of your benefits to be stopped, would love it even more if nothing is free of charge courtesy of the taxpayer.

When you finally find a way to make your JSA-loving chav scum do a days work without being late, within their KPI and not pissing off the whole day, then we can discuss how to go about stopping migrants from lesser EU countries coming over, till then Aleksy my dear plumber from Poland will continue to be my plumber who in the last 5 years since I been building homes in UK hasn't let me down even once.
Reply 17
Oh I'd love it very much for every single one of your benefits to be stopped, would love it even more if nothing is free of charge courtesy of the taxpayer.

When you finally find a way to make your JSA-loving chav scum do a days work without being late, within their KPI and not pissing off the whole day, then we can discuss how to go about stopping migrants from lesser EU countries coming over, till then Aleksy my dear plumber from Poland will continue to be my plumber who in the last 5 years since I been building homes in UK hasn't let me down even once.

Duh- you dont give them any more benefit money if they purposely misbehave to lose their job :wink:
Duh- you dont give them any more benefit money if they purposely misbehave to lose their job :wink:

When is that happening?

Oh yeah that's right, it isn't :rolleyes:

Therefore I'll stick with the current system.
Original post by Green Marble

And it didn't come to a standstill after they joined either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending