AQA Further Mathematics GCSE 15/06 and 20/06

Watch
Jamie Diep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi

I am currently studying the AQA Further Mathematics course in Year 11, having gotten an A* in Year 10 for the normal Maths GCSE, and I am looking for any useful sources of help, such as websites or YouTube channels that explain things in a very good way.

Topics I am concerned about include:

Algebraic proof
Matrices (Inverse and translations etc)
Circle Theorems
Functions (F(x))
Sin, Cos and Tan functions and graphs

As well as more.

I recently got 131/175 on a mock that had the grade boundary for an A^ (^ means distinction) at 144 and my older brother got that grade so I REALLY want to get an A^ now, so one requires some sort of effective revision that goes specifically into this course and not too far into an AS Maths course.

Thanks
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm having trouble factorising polynomials at the moment I've been doing past papers and then going through the solutions of the questions I got wrong so that I understand how to do that question, even if it is altered slightly in another paper. I have no idea if this is working, but I'll find out on Monday

And on mocks I've only been getting Bs and sometimes As, I'm trying to cram so I can get that A^!
Jamie Diep
Rep:
?
(Original post by AstroNandos)
I'm having trouble factorising polynomials at the moment I've been doing past papers and then going through the solutions of the questions I got wrong so that I understand how to do that question, even if it is altered slightly in another paper. I have no idea if this is working, but I'll find out on Monday

And on mocks I've only been getting Bs and sometimes As, I'm trying to cram so I can get that A^!
For division of polynomials, I would recommend watching videos but I used MyMaths.co.uk for help.

http://www.mymaths.co.uk/indexLog.asp?h=49858 Go to Core 1 then Factor Remainder (if you need a school login I can private message you one)

The division eventually gets easy enough to remember once you get the hang of it, just like differentiation
Jamie Diep
Rep:
?
I found this quite useful for Circle Theorems as it has the proof of why they are what they are:

http://www.mathsrevision.net/gcse-ma...ircle-theorems
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jamie Diep)
For division of polynomials, I would recommend watching videos but I used MyMaths.co.uk for help.

http://www.mymaths.co.uk/indexLog.asp?h=49858 Go to Core 1 then Factor Remainder (if you need a school login I can private message you one)

The division eventually gets easy enough to remember once you get the hang of it, just like differentiation
Thanks, I forgot MyMaths even existed! I've got my school login that I can use too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (154)
60.39%
I don't have everything I need (101)
39.61%

Watched Threads