The Student Room Group

Is it just me, or do all dental/medical students at uni think they're god's gift?

Well done, you got at least AAA, a load of work experience and volunteering, UKCAT exams, interviews A*/A GCSEs and you managed to get an offer for a very prestigious course...
But that doesn't mean you're better than anyone. You're servants to the public.
I overheard a dental and a medical student talking about how they pull girls purely by telling them their a dental or a medical student. I mean, what type of bimbo actually falls for that?
Or the ones who think if you're not studying medicine or dentistry theres no point going to university
Anyone else have similar experiences, sick and tired of it at my uni!

Scroll to see replies

I agree, many dental and medical students I've come across are so cocky and up their own backsides. It angers me so much! There's the odd few that aren't like that though.
But I've always thought if you show off a lot itll turn on you and you'll be put in your place, however that hasn't happened to any of the cocky students I've come across...yet. maybe one day :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Afghan Warrior
I agree, many dental and medical students I've come across are so cocky and up their own backsides. It angers me so much! There's the odd few that aren't like that though.
But I've always thought if you show off a lot itll turn on you and you'll be put in your place, however that hasn't happened to any of the cocky students I've come across...yet. maybe one day :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their parents are just as bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't hold your breath.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suppose some of them are but others are lovely people.
The kind of girls they pull just by saying they're a dental/medical student are gold diggers. For me it would be a bonus that someone was intelligent and obviously quite ambitious, but I wouldn't just drop my knickers for someone BECAUSE they're a student dentist/doctor.

Also there's nothing sexy about teeth so I don't get the dentist thing anyway, tbh.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Don't hold your breath.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There ya go Anon, another one.

Don't take no personal offence, I did say some students are fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hell no, I wouldn't sleep with someone for being a STUDENT DOCTOR OR DENTIST. Maybe when they're earning the money, they can come to me. Otherwise I treat them exactly the same as I would a Business Studies, Sociology or Geography student.
Reply 8
Original post by infairverona
The kind of girls they pull just by saying they're a dental/medical student are gold diggers. For me it would be a bonus that someone was intelligent and obviously quite ambitious, but I wouldn't just drop my knickers for someone BECAUSE they're a student dentist/doctor.

Also there's nothing sexy about teeth so I don't get the dentist thing anyway, tbh.

Its probably the status/money that comes with the job
Girls who couldn't be successful in their own lives so they want to find a partner whos successful. As well as parents advising their daughters to marry dentists/doctors

'Well let me tell you the biggest pimp. On planet mother****in' earth, is her Momma'
There ya go Anon, another one.

Don't take no personal offence, I did say some students are fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Another what, might I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Melon girl
Hell no, I wouldn't sleep with someone for being a STUDENT DOCTOR OR DENTIST. Maybe when they're earning the money, they can come to me. Otherwise I treat them exactly the same as I would a Business Studies, Sociology or Geography student.

So you agree girls would be more likely to date a dentist or a doctor purely because they make a lot of money?
I guess they've got a reason to be cocky.... lol
Original post by Anonymous
Its probably the status/money that comes with the job
Girls who couldn't be successful in their own lives so they want to find a partner whos successful. As well as parents advising their daughters to marry dentists/doctors

'Well let me tell you the biggest pimp. On planet mother****in' earth, is her Momma'

Yeah well I mean don't get me wrong, most people want a partner who is successful not just because they aren't successful themselves. I did a law degree but my last two relationships ended because the people I was with both had no ambition at all and I did, so I didn't want to be dragged down by it. But yeah I do agree about mothers encouraging their daughters to marry rich...I wouldn't mind marrying a doctor, but I wouldn't base the decision on it haha
Reply 12
Yeah well I mean don't get me wrong, most people want a partner who is successful not just because they aren't successful themselves. I did a law degree but my last two relationships ended because the people I was with both had no ambition at all and I did, so I didn't want to be dragged down by it. But yeah I do agree about mothers encouraging their daughters to marry rich...I wouldn't mind marrying a doctor, but I wouldn't base the decision on it haha

A lot of mothers are like that. A lot of my mother's friends have said to my mom I'll have no problem finding a girl as soon as she mentions im gonna be a dentist
I dont think Im very good at spotting goldiggers etc either, its not a good thing
I studied computer science but I tell women I'm a pilot. Always works.
Original post by Welsh Bluebird
I studied computer science but I tell women I'm a pilot. Always works.

Im beginning to see a link here...
Pilots - Air hostesses
Dentists - Dental Nurses
Doctors - Nurses
o.0 much pattern many wow
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Another what, might I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As being a hopeful medical student I thought you'd be able to figure it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could not put it better myself, being a medical or dentistry student would show that they were intelligent and ambitious which I like but medicine and dentistry aren't the only courses that indicate this so really don't understand the arrogance.
Their parents are just as bad!

Lets not get started on the parents..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done, you got at least AAA, a load of work experience and volunteering, UKCAT exams, interviews A*/A GCSEs and you managed to get an offer for a very prestigious course...
But that doesn't mean you're better than anyone. You're servants to the public.
I overheard a dental and a medical student talking about how they pull girls purely by telling them their a dental or a medical student. I mean, what type of bimbo actually falls for that?
Or the ones who think if you're not studying medicine or dentistry theres no point going to university
Anyone else have similar experiences, sick and tired of it at my uni!

They are confident. Doctors, surgeons etc need to be.

You honestly want some insecure, nervous shy person operating on you ??
As being a hopeful medical student I thought you'd be able to figure it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't. Your phrase has absolutely nothing to do with anything I'd be learning on my medical course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply