Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    On windows messenger even when I'm online (or any other status) my contacts always see me as appear offline (so to them it looks like I'm offline even when i'm online). I can still talk normally. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? I have windows live messenger if that helps.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    its being wierd for me...wont let me send website links, either in one on one messages or group
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Do you mean Windows Messenger or Windows Live Messenger? If you mean the former, try reinstalling. That thing seems to get updated every week. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    V1000, you can send and receive messages when you and your contacts are offline (or appear offline) using "offline messaging". This is similar to email, your contact will get your message the next time they are connected to the Messenger Service - this means if they are on "appear offline" they will get your message straight away as if you are talking in "online" mode.

With regards to not showing as online, I've had strange problems with Windows Live Messenger. If it recently stopped working and you haven't changed anything, leave it a few days and it'll probably sort itself out, at least that's what I’ve found.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l4ur4)
    its being wierd for me...wont let me send website links, either in one on one messages or group
    From the main messenger window, go to: Tools >> options >> security. Make sure you've got "allow links in the conversation window" checked.

ReputationRep:
    It was being weird for my brother yesterday too. For some people it said he was offline, and so they thought he'd blocked them, and was angry. And other people saw his screenname as featuring (heart)[ex-girlfriend's name](heart) and were asking why he still had her name in his subname when he'd broken up with her.

But apparently it's behaving itself today.

MSN has some weird little quirks and stupidities, but somehow they tend to sort themselves out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keziah)
    It was being weird for my brother yesterday too. For some people it said he was offline, and so they thought he'd blocked them, and was angry. And other people saw his screenname as featuring (heart)[ex-girlfriend's name](heart) and were asking why he still had her name in his subname when he'd broken up with her.

But apparently it's behaving itself today.

MSN has some weird little quirks and stupidities, but somehow they tend to sort themselves out!
    It does have its strange moments...

Does the custom names thing in live messenger annoy anyone? I now know who i am talking to but i cant see what their screen name is, the old MSN Plus way of doing it where it just tagged it on to the end was better. I dont suppose there is any way of making it do that is there?

ReputationRep:
    My windows live messenger used to muck up all the time, for example, all my contacts used to disappear etc. So I decided to unistall it and re-install the old one that I had before. I have had no problems since then.

ReputationRep:
    Happens to me occasionaly. No one messages me and when I message someone they say I'm offline Try signing in again? Doesn't always work for me but sometimes it will.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.