kateeej
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically i wondered if it was possible to study medicine AND swim competitively at the same time to a high standard, at least nationals. Because i need to apply for uni this year and medicine really appeals to me but i would love to carry on swimming too! Is anyone else is this position or has been?
em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kateeej)
Basically i wondered if it was possible to study medicine AND swim competitively at the same time to a high standard, at least nationals. Because i need to apply for uni this year and medicine really appeals to me but i would love to carry on swimming too! Is anyone else is this position or has been?
I have a friend who manages a medical degree and rows at top level im sure you could manage swimming with a levels. And if when it comes to it you can't cope then you have to make a decision which goes. It's pretty personal to your academic ability, stress tolerance etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
kateeej
Rep:
?
(Original post by em.d_4)
I have a friend who manages a medical degree and rows at top level im sure you could manage swimming with a levels. And if when it comes to it you can't cope then you have to make a decision which goes. It's pretty personal to your academic ability, stress tolerance etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well ive just completed my as levels and i managed to keep training 9 times a week fine, its just i don't know whether it will be too much at uni with medicine swimming and a socail life too!
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you manage it now you'll probably manage it at uni yes.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think there's this exact story on one of the boards at my gym. An alumni who studied medicine and competed on the international stage in swimming at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
kateeej
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I think there's this exact story on one of the boards at my gym. An alumni who studied medicine and competed on the international stage in swimming at the same time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
good to hear thanks!
kdizzle97
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In my swimming club there is a guy who studies Medicine and he got 4 National times this year for the first time so I'd assume its manageable if you manage the work effectively!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.07%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (124)
37.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.35%

Watched Threads