Help! Should I take business management in uni or not?!?!

Watch
cindyyh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Can someone explain to me in more detail about business management courses? I want to do business management in uni, but I'm not sure what kind of courses are better with business management (business management and finance? or business management and marketing etc?) I want to be able to work for an organisation or something. Hopefully someone with business degree or has experience can advise me more about it! Thanks
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Business Management is a general degree covering different aspects of business and management, which will include accounting, finance, marketing, operations management, human resource management, organizational behavior, and usually culminate in a strategy course unit. Many university courses also have a little leeway in which students are allowed to select a few electives or options in 2nd or 3rd year, so they can do more units in their preferred areas, like more marketing units or more finance or more human resource management units, as you discover what you like to focus more in your future career. So, in a way, it is a good course for some people who are not too sure what they want to do in future as Bus Mgmt will prepare you for almost anything. Undergraduate Business Management course is almost similar in coverage of subjects as an MBA except it is at an undergraduate level for students without work experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.66%
I'm not sure (54)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.33%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (568)
48.42%

Watched Threads