Watch
slade p
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
MOST PEOPLE IN THE FUTURE WILL HAVE BROWN SKIN

Future Humans Will All Look Like Brazilians, Researcher Says

Stearns says globalization, immigration, cultural diffusion and the ease of modern travel will gradually homogenize the human population, averaging out more and more people's traits. Because recessive traits dependontwo copies of the same gene pairing up in order to get expressed, these traits will express themselves more rarely, and dominant traits will become the norm. In short, blue eyes and pale skin is out, brown eyes and dark skin is in. Already in the United States, another recessive trait, blue eyes, has grown far less common. A 2002 study by the epidemiologists Mark Grant and Diane Lauderdale found that only 1 in 6 non-Hispanic white Americans has blue eyes, down from more than half of the U.S. white population being blue-eyed just 100 years ago.

he genetic mixing under way in the United States is also happening to a greater or lesser degree in other parts of the world, the researchers said. In some places, unique physical traits tailored to the habitat still confer an evolutionary advantage and thus might not bow out so easily; in other places, immigration happens much more slowly than it does elsewhere. According to Stearns, perfect homogenization of the human race will probably never occur, but in general, Earth is becoming more and more of a melting pot. A population forged from the long-term mixing of Africans, Native Americans and Europeans serves as an archetype for the future of humanity, Stearns said: A few centuries from now, we're all going to look like Brazilians.

http://www.businessinsider.com/futur...azilian-2012-9

what are your views and comments on this?
slade p
Rep:
?
that's right, the future will be one of mainly brown skinned humans
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No the future is black and yellow

I'm sorry I can't take anybody called Dr. Curry seriously :rofl:
Mockery
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How do I take his job? Because he sounds like a right plonker.
Wisefire
Badges: 17
Report 6 years ago
It's saddening that even an established GENETIC underclass will form, according to this scientist. I've had a hunch about something like this for a long time... This just reinforces and adds to the pressure on me to improve myself, in my life, socioeconomically, such that I'll live longer, experience more, have a better standard of living, better health, more money, better potential mates and sexual partners etc... I am tuned to socioeconomic improvement and only socioeconomic improvement.
slade p
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidnightDream)

what's that have to do with anything, that's just his name. shows how ignorant you are as that does not have any relevance to the content.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by slade p)
what's that have to do with anything, that's just his name. shows how ignorant you are as that does not have any relevance.
Have you read it how can you take any of that seriously? That just shows how gullible you are - the fact he's called Dr Curry was a bonus :teehee:
CJKay
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has he forgotten that natural selection doesn't really apply to us anymore? Everybody has kids nowadays.
slade p
Rep:
?
Have you read it how can you take any of that seriously? That just shows how gullible you are - the fact he's called Dr Curry was a bonus :teehee:
why is it funny his surname is curry, further shows what a foolish and immature person you are by making fun of that when there's nothing to make fun of.

it logical people will be brown since black and white are the 2 extremes skin shade wise.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
why is it funny his surname is curry, further shows what a foolish and immature person you are by making fun of that when there's nothing to make fun of.

it logical people will be brown since black and white are the 2 extremes skin shade wise.
It's funny okay, sue me, not making fun of anyone it's a funny surname - calm your trousers :rolleyes:

Not really, there may be more brown people but not the whole world
suzywithaZY
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Darn it, I accidentally repped you. I'm just letting you know so that you don't think that somebody agrees with you.
slade p
Rep:
?
It's funny okay, sue me, not making fun of anyone it's a funny surname - calm your trousers :rolleyes:

Not really, there may be more brown people but not the whole world
obviously not the whole world, the main thing is more of the world will be brown, and certainly countries which are mixed in terms on skin shade, they will naturally become more brown as more inter mixing goes on.
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
that's right, the future will be one of mainly brown skinned humans
Oh yes, the world shall be brown
slade p
Rep:
?
(Original post by thechemistress)
Darn it, I accidentally repped you. I'm just letting you know so that you don't think that somebody agrees with you.
well it's not that nearly all will be brown but more and more people will naturally become brown since brown is the median of the colour spectrum so it theres more inter mixing then most will become brown.
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

You think it's a joke, or someone made the whole thing up, including the name itself?

I just needed a quick google search to find him: http://www.lse.ac.uk/researchandexpe...ry%40lse.ac.uk
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AnharM)
You think it's a joke, or someone made the whole thing up, including the name itself?

I just needed a quick google search to find him: http://www.lse.ac.uk/researchandexpe...ry%40lse.ac.uk
Oh all of you need to calm down, I made a little joke about the Surname okay - I think the articles a bit of a joke if I'm honest - I thought the guy was probably real
slade p
Rep:
?
http://www.businessinsider.com/futur...azilian-2012-9

future humans will look like brazilians
StrangestThings
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do not care for Dr Curry's theory. Can't we just wait and see?
joey11223
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by CJKay)
Has he forgotten that natural selection doesn't really apply to us anymore? Everybody has kids nowadays.
Yeah I was thinking that, taller I'll accept, as in general we are getting taller, albeit some of that is the nutrition available to us now, which can only improve so much from what we have now. But more exaggerated sexual characteristics? Nah. Women shave their body hair anyway, there is no natural selection based on that really, nor on breasts, face shape etc, sure people can be more attractive than others but as you say, everyone reproduces, and even two "ugly" people can have an attractive child, and vice versa. I'd also say there isn't enough of a divide to create a genetic elite and a genetic low class. I mean technically you already have it anyway, a lot of people do marry within their socioeconomic class as it is, but there isn't such a massive difference in genetics as to cause a 7ft tall adonis race and a 6ft tall stocky underclass race.
slade p
Rep:
?
Oh all of you need to calm down, I made a little joke about the Surname okay - I think the articles a bit of a joke if I'm honest - I thought the guy was probably real
no your just saying that because you don't like what is being said. but whether you like it or not more and more people will have brown skin as apposed to white or black. there will be many black skinned people but that will mainly be in african countries, but not in raciall mixed countries. so you should contribute by having kids with a lighter skinned person.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads