The Student Room Group

the future of the world will be brown

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by StrangestThings
I do not care for Dr Curry's theory. Can't we just wait and see?

yes we sure will see.
Reply 21
There's probably as much chance as of the year 3000 being like this...

Reply 22
Original post by FDR
There's probably as much chance as of the year 3000 being like this...

are you bitter whites are becoming less and less of worlds population?
Reply 23
I do hope we become increasing mixed as a world population and I can see it happening.
Reply 24
Original post by Marcum
I do hope we become increasing mixed as a world population and I can see it happening.

most likely to happen since there's more inter mixing these days so you will see more and more brown people in this world as time goes on. brown is the best skin shade to have as well.
Original post by slade p
brown is the best skin shade to have as well.

Lol why's that?
Reply 26
Original post by manchesterunited15
Lol why's that?

it's in between black and white, not too dark and not too pale, so it's nice and bright and proportional because it's the median skin colour.
Original post by slade p
it's in between black and white, not too dark and not too pale, so it's nice and bright and proportional because it's the median skin colour.

"In the middle", basically. That's a terrible reason, clearly you're just saying that because you're brown.
Reply 28
Original post by manchesterunited15
"In the middle", basically. That's a terrible reason, clearly you're just saying that because you're brown.

yes my personal skin preference is light brown to medium brown.
Not sure about this

I imagine that genetic engineering will become the norm at some point, so maybe we will be darker to protect from sun damage etc, but his reasoning regarding everyone becoming tall, athletic supermen is stupid, because of increased use of contraception.
Original post by slade p
yes my personal skin preference is light brown to medium brown.

Mine is white
Reply 31
the changing face of America: Time-lapse map reveals how non-whites will become the majority in U.S. within 30 years

It illustrates what theroot.com calls the decade-by-decade 'browning' of America.
It is said to be the first visual representation of its kind of the country's racial future.
The all-inclusive term is used to describe ther growth of the populations of blacks, Hispanics/Latinos and Asians.
Angela Glover Blackwell, the Founder & CEO of PolicyLink, said: 'This map makes crystal clear just how dramatically the face of America is changing and how quickly.'
'Already, nearly half of all young people are of color, and by 2040, people of color will become our nation's majority.
Reply 32
Original post by slade p
are you bitter whites are becoming less and less of worlds population?

No....I just thought it was a good opportunity to post a relevant tune.

Besides, why would I be bitter?

The article is quite clearly bull**** - given humanity, has on average only increased in height by about an inch in the last 1000 years, what's to suggest we'll increase by eight or so in the next 1000? Particularly as manual labour jobs, where strength and size may have been an advantage, slowly die out.
Reply 33
Original post by FDR
No....I just thought it was a good opportunity to post a relevant tune.

Besides, why would I be bitter?

The article is quite clearly bull**** - given humanity, has on average only increased in height by about an inch in the last 1000 years, what's to suggest we'll increase by eight or so in the next 1000? Particularly as manual labour jobs, where strength and size may have been an advantage, slowly die out.

but there is no denying in racially mixed societies that more inter mixing results in the browning of the society therefore more people will be brown skinned people in future as a percentage of world population regardless of their racial background.
The other way in which the future will develop is that there will be a divergence between cultures in the genetic advancement of men. Societies like the west where there are greater advances in womens' rights and women enter in to sexual selection on equal terms to men will see the weaker men excluded from the gene pool as they are unable to find a mate without patriarchal social structures to enable them to compete. Meanwhile in the more backward societies these men will still be able to breed, taking advantage of women's inability to exercise free choice due to needing a husband as 'provider' etc.

So over time you will see the development of the advanced form of male in the liberal democratic West as naturally women gravitate towards those with superior genes. For a generation or two there will still be weakness in the system and these men will spend their lives in a futile fight, complaining about being incelibate on the internet or trying to restore traditional patriachy but nobody will listen to them as the women in these societies enjoy the ability to choose on free terms and the stronger men are satisfied sexually and don't care about supporting the weaker men.

Just two generations of equal female choice could rid us of weak willed men and take masculinity and humanity to a new level of development.
Original post by MidnightDream
Oh all of you need to calm down, I made a little joke about the Surname okay - I think the articles a bit of a joke if I'm honest - I thought the guy was probably real

From the way they carry on, one would think it was their time of the month...
Reply 36
Original post by yo radical one
Not sure about this

I imagine that genetic engineering will become the norm at some point, so maybe we will be darker to protect from sun damage etc, but his reasoning regarding everyone becoming tall, athletic supermen is stupid, because of increased use of contraception.

but naturally more and more people will have brown skin in the future, especially in racially mixed countries.
Brilliant, Brazillians are hot.
See how brown supremacists get all excited over the potential genocide of other ethnic groups.....
Reply 39
Original post by slade p
but there is no denying in racially mixed societies that more inter mixing results in the browning of the society therefore more people will be brown skinned people in future as a percentage of world population regardless of their racial background.

Well obviously as people move across borders more, and mix more, people's characteristics will change.

Where this article falls down, is that it makes such a strong prediction, so far in the future. No prediction made that far in the future can be taken seriously, as there is so much to take into account, and so much can change over such a long time. Could the population be much more ethnically diverse? yes. Will it? We don't know what will happen over the next 1000 years to be able to make a prediction that can be taken seriously.

The point I was really trying to make with the video was that we can at best make guesses about the future, but given the horizon over which we are trying to make such a predictable can't, and shouldn't, take it seriously as it's just so far away, and so just a silly guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending