Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, on August 31st im going to London for the first time to go see the Kandinsky exhibition at the Tate Modern and i was on the Tate website and it had links to buying tickets for it, would i have to buy these in advance on the website or could i just turn up at the Tate Modern and buy the tickets there?
    (it might sound like a stupid question but ive never been there before and i just want to make sure)

ReputationRep:
    From their website.

"There is no booking fee when you buy tickets in person at the galleries. We do however encourage you to purchase tickets in advance online."

So it seems you can buy them when you turn up, but they advise you to book in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the tate and most of its free to get in. If your going to see some parts you do have to pay, i could have payed on the day to go and see some guys work but on busy days this might not be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP, i think it would depends on when you go, i.e. if you're going on the weekend, i would purchase your tickets in advance, otherwise, I think it would be ok just buying them when you get there.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine paying when you get there. When i went I was oblivious that we had to pay for some exhibitions until the woman grabbed me by the arm and yanked me back.

ReputationRep:
    i loooove tate, i love the architecture of the building s well...

man i wish i lived in london...

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

I have a trip to London with uni and I'm pretty sure it's on the 31st!!! I hope that's where we're going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    :eek:

I have a trip to London with uni and I'm pretty sure it's on the 31st!!! I hope that's where we're going
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    I was there two days ago and it would have been fine to buy tickets then and there (although I just saw the permanent exhibits).

ReputationRep:
    I went when the exhib first opened, you'll enjoy yourself. Kandinsky is ACE. I brought mine when I got there. 31st is a week day isn't it so you should be fine. They also gave me student ticket (£8 instead of £10). I think I'llgo again before it finishes (Kandinsky is my A-level artist, I'm studying the Blue Riders). Have fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    I went when the exhib first opened, you'll enjoy yourself. Kandinsky is ACE. I brought mine when I got there. 31st is a week day isn't it so you should be fine. They also gave me student ticket (£8 instead of £10). I think I'llgo again before it finishes (Kandinsky is my A-level artist, I'm studying the Blue Riders). Have fun
    Thanks,glad to hear its a great exhibition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    Cool
    oops I just realised it's the 5th of sept the London trip lol on the 31st it's Oxford, had them muddled up

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.