Predicted grade problems for uni Watch

Bullers
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey

I have a major problem now. I just got an E for my a-level maths result. I know I can get an A, I was predicted an A for maths before I took further maths. I had some health problem leading up to the exams and I started doing further maths 3 months before the June exams, so technically I had 3 months to do a whole a-level in maths - it seems so stupid looking back. What im really worried about now is my predicted grade, do you think the teachers will take into account all these issues and still predict an A?

Thanks
Lolalara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The only real thing that anyone can say based on what you've just said, is that you're going to have to talk to your teacher(s). Explain all the reasons why you think your A turned to an E, and tell them everything you're going to do about it. Retakes? Buy some relevant books? Make some extra revision notes? It would, in truth, be quite unlikely for your school to predict you an A2 A based on an AS E, unless they can clearly see that something went horrifically wrong on this one occasion. Have you got your test results from throughout the year, are they all As? Did all your classwork/homework get an A? If it did, and you talk to your teacher(s), I'm sure they'll find someway to help you out!
Lolalara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah wait, sorry i see what you mean. Not AS, A2, because of the further maths thing. Right... They do it the same way at my school (but i don't take maths, sorry!). At least you still have a year to sort this out though, in a similar way? Good luck!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?