Turn on thread page Beta

The Automatic - Not Accepted Anywhere watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey I know I keep making threads for albums but...tough.
    I couldn't find the thread for these guys and I got their album the other day and I'm pretty impressed, what does anyone else think? I saw them on the Friday project last week, better than The Feeling this week *sigh*, they played Recover, and I was impressed despite the terrible tech support, half the drum kit wasnt working, guitar too loud, vocals too quiet, the usual TV problems...tut tut.

Anyway I got the album and I really like it, the crazy shouting guy and the keyboard give them a little bit of stand out value. Personally I don't think they should have put Recover next to Monster on the album as they both have the typical stop the music for the name of the song thing. Good album overall though.

What does everyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    See --> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=208223

ReputationRep:
    i use to like them but now they are just taking the p*ss........

ReputationRep:
    I made the mistake of buying the album on the basis of liking the 2 singles, unfortunatley all I got for my money was the 2 singles and a lot of filler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)

Anyway I got the album and I really like it, the crazy shouting guy and the keyboard give them a little bit of stand out value.
    and although I do like that sound it does make them seem like a bit of a Billy Talent wannabe band.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i heard the album was crap aswell, overhyped on the basis of one single and maybe rahoul (sp?)........in i didn't mind monster when it firsted came out but now i'm satrting to hate them

ReputationRep:
    I thought I saw a thread about them a while back I guess I was right, stupid search engines, anyway even though it's all very negative-land over here I'll still enjoy the album thanks lol. I reckon there are a few tracks better than the singles on the album, couple of songs are annoying, otherwise top stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard the album but I have heard a handful of songs. They strike me as a quick-fix band without much substance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not Dead Yet)
    Haven't heard the album but I have heard a handful of songs. They strike me as a quick-fix band without much substance.
    Yeah. They are OK. Nothing special. Heard them live at T in the Park and apart from "Monster" everything was pretty average.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand that guy who does the screamy vocals on Monster. I wouldn't call myself a fan I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I got the album and I really like it, the crazy shouting guy and the keyboard give them a little bit of stand out value.
    I think they'd improve immeasurably if he wasn't in the band. Or if he just played the keyboard, shouted and stood still.

He makes me cringe. Everything he does is so contrived, it's painful to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffers)
    I think they'd improve immeasurably if he wasn't in the band. Or if he just played the keyboard, shouted and stood still.

He makes me cringe. Everything he does is so contrived, it's painful to watch.
    He was jumping around a bit crazily on TV, once I see them live next week i'll give a overall judgement on them.

ReputationRep:
    i like pennie! i remember on gmtv they trashed the set and he stripped off to his boxers and starting kissing frost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oblivious)
    i like pennie! i remember on gmtv they trashed the set and he stripped off to his boxers and starting kissing frost
    That's precisely why I dislike him so much.

ReputationRep:
    I think the random screamy stuff works cos its pretty low in the mix and there's generally normal singing at the same time. I really like That's What She Said, also my friend (who happens to be a girl ironically) has taken to saying that all the time recently lol.

ReputationRep:
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Raoul!! Woohoo!!

ReputationRep:
    I think the random screamy stuff works cos its pretty low in the mix and there's generally normal singing at the same time. I really like That's What She Said, also my friend (who happens to be a girl ironically) has taken to saying that all the time recently lol.
    It's not the sreamy stuff I have a problem with. Just him. :p:

Did any of you see the cover of Kanye West's Gold Digger they did on T4 the other day? It was great.

ReputationRep:
    It's not the sreamy stuff I have a problem with. Just him. :p:

Did any of you see the cover of Kanye West's Gold Digger they did on T4 the other day? It was great.
    Oh ok fair enough then, if I cover my eyes when he's moving around wil that be acceptable?

No I didn't but I'm not sure what relevence that has lol, sure it was great...

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a lot...considering this is an automatic thread pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    I saw them live earlier this summer and they played it. I didn't know what it was but I thought it was their best song. Pity it's a cover. I liked the screaming guy vocally (he does the rapping during gold digger). I do think it's annoying when performers arse about for no reason, though. That kind of thing put me off the Vines.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.